Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Fun Fitness and Fun Food


Today I woke up thinking about ways to make fitness fun and creating food fun...hummmmm....


As far as fitness goes...


1. I always choose something that I am really interested in to do. I never do any exercise b/c I feel like I have to. I love to rebound, do Turbo Jam, lift weights***, and do Yoga Booty Ballet.


2. Make time for yourself. No matter what is going on, in your set of 24 hrs, you can find 5-10-15-20 mins for fitness...even if it's 100 crunches, a few yoga moves, 20 jumping jacks and 3 pushups!!

As far as food goes...


1. I eat foods that I am really interested in. Now that I"m 100%, I can feel my body telling me what it needs or craves.

2. Make decorative plates of food. I like to garnish my plates and make really pretty presentations, even though I'm the only one in the house eating this way.

3. Get creative. You don't always have to follow a recipe book. Take their ideas and then create your own. Good or bad, you will have had fun.


Raising a toddler/preschooler with Autism is a challenge in and of itself, but she has made me open my eyes to things in this world that I never would have. She's my saving grace. She has reignited my "fun flame" and I am so blessed to God/dess that she's mine ;-)
I believe that we should all embrace every second of every day of life.
"The man who waits until tomorrow to take the first step spends his life on one foot" -Chinese Proverb.
I repeat that proverb all day long to myself. It's almost like a reflex at this point. If I want to procrastinate on anything from my dishes to my thesis, I repeat that proverb. And then somehow, I'm able to get off my butt and move in a fun fashion
Today's food plan:
16oz water
bag cherries
1 orange
1 apple
1 banana with hemp seeds
sweet flax crackers with banana and raspberries
.....................................................................................this is thru lunch
***Sweet Flax Crackers modified from Alissa Cohen's crackers on her Living on Live DVD***
2c flax soaked overnite in 4c water
1c almonds ground into almond flour
1 ripe banana
2 tsps cinnamon
1/2 tbsp vanilla (no alcohol added)
Process in food processor. I like thin crackers so this makes 4 thin dehyrdrator trays.
Flip after 8-10 hrs, finish dehydrating over nite.
Tonite I'll be making one of my green juices (kale, apple, lemon, ginger) yummmmmmm
Note**I blend my kale in the blender and process thru a nutmylk bag so as not to "chew" the kale. My juicer is old and cheap so it doesn't do greens very well.
*Exercise plan:
Yoga booty Ballet Abs
Walk with Daughter along the river for about 1 hr

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin