Friday, August 3, 2007

Farmer's Market Finds and Paying it Forward









My daughter and I went to the Farmer's Market today in the blazing heat and got some yummy eats for the weekend for the family....zucchini, tomatoes, strawberries, cantaloupe, peaches and nectarines. That's all the budget would allow, but oh how grateful we are for those items...yummmm.



The other day we had a friend and her little son over and Kennedy (my daughter) gave all of her toys to him. He was so excited to see all of the new things and I felt great to be teaching her at such a young age that giving and sharing is not only nice, but essential for our planet. By giving those toys to him we ...


*prevented his mom and dad from having to buy them...therefore saving money

*taught Kennedy that sharing and giving things is nice

*recycled

*put a blessing out into the universe sure that one day in our time of need, it shall return


On an entirely different note, I have been really struggling with cravings for raw sweets. I know TOM is to blame for a tiny tiny bit of it, but I am NOT liking what I am experiencing! On cooked garbage, I was an awesome high raw vegan and had totally eliminated certain foods that were "triggers". Well, for some reason on raw I thought that I should be able to eat EVERYTHING. After all , "it is raw isn't it?" Well the answer is NO!


I ordered and finally received today Dr. Graham's 80/10/10 diet. I am reading it and can't put it down. I have also been exploring the "diet" online for about a little over a week and a fellow rad blogger (http://www.rawgreenmama.blogspot.com/) recently told me that is working for her as well.


I am about to take part in a 7 day detox starting tomorrow at 6pm. I will keep the blog updated daily about my emotional/physical changes, as well as, my new diet. I am excited to look at raw in a new way and to discover the true health that I sought for so long ago when I learned of raw.

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin