Monday, August 20, 2007

One Step ataTime



I am constantly reminding myself that just taking one step at a time is so crucial to my development. Sometimes I can dive in head first and then have to s-l-o-w down. It's okay to slow down. I have started with the basics. Instead of complicating my diet, I have made things really simple for right now and I feel good about that.



My life is all about loving. Loving what I am doing everyday....loving the skin I'm in......loving life. Dr. D said it best when he said, "I believe it is time that we all started loving ourselves a lot more, and that we demonstrate that love by nourishing our bodies with foods that love us back". WOW. How amazing is that?


What that means to me is to eat the foods that make me feel really good and stay FAR away from what makes me feel really bad. I know that the plethora of uncook books can make anyone overwhelmed who is just starting out, but I have to admit I grew to LOVE them. Most of the food didn't love me back though. I found myself with the same psychological issues with food as I did with cooked food. I suffered the same addictions/cravings etc.


After my 7 day detox, I went right back to overeating fats. I swore to myself that I wouldn't but I did. THIS time around I am doing so much better. I have come up with a plan that works for me. I am not getting nearly as much fitness in as I would like, but my daughter starts school for the first time at the end of next week, and I will be able to exercise regularly then.



Here's what's working....

1. drinking water when I first get up and waiting an hour to eat breakfast

2. having my fat in the middle of my day at my biggest meal and then NO more fat for the day

3. having fruits cut up and ready to eat allllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time.


Here's what I need to work on......

1. finding more time for fitness

2. getting enough rest

3. taking time in the morning to get centered (waking up with my preschooler makes it hard to find "me" time in the morning
So, I'm off to be inspired, to play with my daughter and to take in all that the universe has for me on this dreary, rainy day

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin