Sunday, August 5, 2007

Weird Post and Detox Day 1


The first day of the detox (all water) wasn't as rough as I thought it would be. I ate well before the fast started, but not too heavy. I feel great today. I ate a mono-meal of watermelon and later one nectarine. The taste of the watermelon was SO sweet and delicious. I never thought watermelon could taste so good. It was nice not to have to worry about what to eat for a day though. Also, I have learned that stopping eat earlier makes my body feel SO MUCH better when I wake up. I know that I consume too much fat and rely too heavily on it throughout my rawsome day.

Also, I have been thinking about why I try to mimic so many of my old food addictions. Do I think it's somehow more psychologically healthy because it's raw? Am I making the "mistake" that so many others make in thinking I can eat anything that I want to just because it is 100% raw?

There will NEVER be a day when dehydrated flax crackers will be more appealing or taste better than a juicy, ripe watermelon. The suffering comes from my mental, emotional connection with the food. Will I never eat my gourmet raw foods? Of course I will eat them... and ENJOY them, however after this 7 day detox, I will be much more aware of the messy combinations that I have been eating and of overeating using avocados and olives as a means to feel "full".

1 down and 6 more days to go, I am excited to embark upon this journey towards better health.

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin