Friday, November 9, 2007

New Moon in Scorpio....Change and Winter Raw Foods


On November 6, 2007 I ate.....

16 oz water
1 apple
smoothie: spinach/straw/banana
flax crackers with cacao and 2 bananas
choc flax bagel on the run
1/2 sheet of choc flax crackers and a banana
48 oz water
4 oz fresh cranberry juice
flax crackers and a banana
cacao/flax cracker with almond butter and banana

On days like the one above when I am really on the run....I grab a TON of flax crackers...some bananas...and water and hit the road. When I get home I try to get in some "fresh" water filled drinks and foods.

On November 7, 2007 I ate...

16 oz water
cacao/flax bagel flax crackers bananas
smoothie: fresh strawberries maca banana smoothie
bananas and bowl of almonds
water
smoothie: cacao/banana/almond mylk handful almonds

I was depressed yesterday. Just thought alot about my baby that is gone and fell into a funk. I could tell b/c I kept wanting nuts. My "monitored" food. Food addictions and issues come into play with plain nuts for me. When I truly caught myself sliding off the deep end, I put the nuts in water to make mylk.

Ohhhhhh, the changes that are happening right now in my life are phenomenal. Any and every chance that we get to make conscious changes in our lives can be deeply fulfilling. I have been manifesting abundance and peace/love/joy into my life and it is showing up. I have been moving through another phase in the grief over the loss of my child and I am stepping into the glory of a new light that is surrounding my life.

On November 8, 2007 I ate....
1 quart grapefruit juice
16 oz water
3 bananas almonds
32 oz water
prunes
smoothie: banana *unripe...yuck!* cacao ice water
prunes
16 oz water

I have been reading Lisa Dale Miller's astrology for a while now and I decided to post what she says about this new moon in Scorpio...

"The New Moon in Scorpio is the night to acknowledge the ways this questioning process manifests in your life. This is the most serious New Moon of the year. This is the night of truth and dare: dare to be truthful with yourself and you will greatly increase the rewards of this ritual. This year, the heavens are providing a container for loving, compassionate insights with a grand water trine between Sun/Moon (ego and emotional needs) in Scorpio, Uranus (the awakener) in transcendent Pisces, Mars (self-directed action) in compassionate, loving Cancer.
Though the Sun/Moon conjunction in Scorpio shows us our egoic and emotional desire to remain in control and maintain positions of power, an especially philosophical and blissful Jupiter/Pluto conjunction in Sagittarius and Mercury (mind)/Venus (heart) in relational Libra, will lend a gentleness to Scorpio's ability to strip away layers of lies we tell ourselves in order to protect our own selfish interests. So, truth-telling will be real, but tempered with love on this New Moon in Scorpio. Hopefully the intensity of ritual work that usually characterizes a New Moon in Scorpio will be accompanied by a feeling of coming home to our essential goodness. These planetary aspects will deepen the intensity of your ritual, as well as all actions taken in support of your intentions during the two week waxing phase of the Moon"



With that in mind....I can understand how and why suddenly now I feel the shifts that I do. I am embracing the changes. Change is good...even when it feels difficult to do.



I have been enjoying the ease of being raw and I have come up with a system of sorts. Firstly, Tootsie Pop helps me in the kitchen WHENever I am in there! I am not one of those "get out of here, it's too hot" kinda moms. I incorporate her into everything that I do that doesn't pose a danger to her (food processor, cutting...etc). Today when she went to school I only have 1 hour and 45 mins when she goes after my driving time to and from. I used every second and made...onion bread...almond mylk....sunflower/hemp pate'....banana bread and cream cheese.....a smoothie. I felt so accomplished and proud of myself. NOW that she's home and it's icy/rainy outside she and I can just sit and enjoy one another. Maybe watch and dance to a Sesame Street! I figure that ONE day a week I will do major dehydrating/pate' making and then daily I can throw the juice/salads/other stuff. This raw lifestyle can be as difficult or easy as you want it to be!

At this time of year with the cold weather and holiday dishes, people are talking about temptation and challenges. I am only thinking of gourmet raw dishes and change. I don't see a challenge AT ALL. Not even a little bit. I am actually excited to go home to New Orleans and to be able to share all this wonderful raw holiday knowledge with my family. They are having some traditional New Orleans thanksgiving dishes (Gumbo included!) and I will have my WONDERFULLY FABULOUS feast of gourmet raw delights. I see that several people are selling holiday ebooks with recipes in them. I can't afford to purchase any of them, but I am just going to make the recipes that I have found and have a wonderfully joyous occasion of thanksgiving. No worries....no stress....that's one of the BEST things about this lifestyle. For ME this is NOT the raw food "Diet", it's my raw food "Lifestyle". It is WHO I am now....

2 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

You're an inspiration and a rocking raw star. Great planning and taking advantage of every minute to prepare some raw goodies.

I'm envisioning wonderful things for you, too...my thoughts and energy are sent to you.

Have a wonderful weekend!

RawFitMama said...

Ohhhh thanks dear!! I sent an email ;-)
Thanks for the energy...I'm soaking it in now :)

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin