Thursday, December 27, 2007

Exercise and Questionnaire


Hey readers! I thought you might like this little questionnaire. I did a killer lowerbody workout last nite at 9 pm. That's right! Nothing is stopping me now. I cranked up the tunes and got busy for 44 minutes. I did....


*75 deep butt squats with 8# bar

*Calf Raises with DBs25'sx20 toes straight 25'sx20 toes

*Lunges with 8# straight bar so as not to

*ABS (mish mosh of all)Bosu, standing twistie ab stuff obliques, laying twisting abs Total = 255

*RDL (all the weights I have for my BB total)52# BB 1x1252# BB 1x1252# BB 1x12

*Leg Extensions Straight 40#x1x10Toes out 40#x1x11Toes in 40#x1x10 could barely do this set...ouchie

*High leg kick holding 20# in standing leg hand1st set 25 each leg2nd set 25 each leg3rd set 25 each leg Total=150

*50 high knees

Hope your day rocks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Favorite home-made nut (non-dairy) milk? Brazil nut mylk....yummy


2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to make? I change this everyday it seems. 1. Rawvolution's nut loaf 2. New kale smoothie 3. Alissa's enchiladas


3. Topping of choice for popcorn? I don't eat popcorn anymore.


4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? Avocado miso soup. I don't like soup that much...don't know why I made it


5. Favorite pickled item? Raw pickles.


6. How do you organize your recipes? I have a tiny pink notebook on recycled/organic paper. They are everywhere on the net.


7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? I really need to start composting.


8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be? Bananas, spinach, cacao


9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? Watching the women in my family make gumbo.


10. Favorite vegan ice cream? Frozen bananas...whipped with brazil nut mylk, vanilla, pecans and hempseeds


11. Most loved kitchen appliance? Vitamix


12. Spice/herb you would die without? Vanilla ...not really a spice but you get my point. OH cayenne esp in these winter months


13.Recipe (Cook) book you have owned for the longest time? Not sure...I've had cooked ones for a long time, but got Detox Your World early on


14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? pureed raspberries


15. Favorite raw (vegan) recipe to serve to an omni friend? guacamole; raw brownies


16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? When I ate cooked it was tempeh


17. Favorite meal to make or time of day to make it? I'm a big smoothie person. It's a great way to get nutrients in. I love massive salads too....all day long


18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? My husband's sugary cereal junk food garbage.


19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Bananas/ strawberries/ raw brownies


20. What's on your grocery list? A lot of greens, apples, frozen fruits/ bananas


21. Favorite grocery store? Whole Foods, but the nearest one is 1.5 hrs away!


22. Name a recipe you'd love to rawify (veganize), but haven't yet. All the ones I love have already been rawified.


23. Food blog you read the most. Or maybe the top 3? Raw Reform, Rawdorable, RFRN, WLIR, okay I read a ton


24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? Cacao balls


25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? Humungo Agave Necta


26. Veganaise or Nayonaise? Never ate mayo...before vegan or after


27. What is one recipe, ingredient or cooking technique that you've become familiar with in the last year that you can't imagine you ever lived without? Green smoothies!


28. Do you have a food inspiration in your life? Someone who taught you a lot about making a certain dish, or about food prep in general, or someone who taught you how to truly enjoy food? It can be someone you know or a book author, speaker...anything. No one in my real life. Shazzie got me to fall in love with raw food in a very real way. I admire her more than words could show. Angela Stokes helped me to realize that even after being obese, I could "heal" myself with the power of raw food


"We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons"- Jim Rohn

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin