Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Fit Tip #1 Pushups


I've decided to do a "Fit Tip" every week. I want to talk to you about doing pushups. WOW what a wonderful upper body exercise. I found a great article about them. Here is an excerpt:


"Pushups are a superb upper body exercise that use the body’s own weight to build a sound fitness foundation. They promote strength, balance and stability by developing several key muscles, including the pectoralis major in the chest, the deltoids or shoulder muscles, the scapular muscles and rotator cuff, the triceps located on the back of the upper arm and the upper back muscles. " Read the entire article HERE.

I try to do 20 a day and that doesn't sound like much, it works. If I am training upper body throughout the week...I do my pushups on my upperbody days (normally twice) and I rest for the rest of the week. Hahaha! Muscles need recovery time.

If you want to know how to take your pushups to the next level...invest in pushup bars...check out these inexpensive ones . I personally own these and they allow you to get DEEP into your pecs when doing pushups! Feels like a bench press!

Happy training.....

3 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

I love pushups. They're fast, effective and can be done just about anywhere. Girl, you're strong to be doing 20! That's great :) Cheers and keep up the fitness tips, I love it!

Infiniti said...

Hi I foung your story on a different, a raw site. I am so inspired by your success. I am starting a 7 day fast to start my new raw life. I am so anxious about it like the first day of school you want to get there but your still nervous about whats going to happen. I am engaged and I also have a daughter so your story hit home. My fiance is supportive but others feel that raw food is not for "our kind". After all that I just want to say thank you for putting yourself out there so I don't have feel like I am the only one.
God bless
Michelle

RawFitMama said...

Kristin ...some of my 20 have to happen on my knees with toes up!!


Infiniti.....email me...veganmommie@gmail.com

Glad you were inspired...DON'T give up!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin