Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Love and Change




A time for renewal...


What have I been up to? I have been sprouting... dehydrating flax/corn crackers, pizza crusts, onion bread (done with it for now) and getting back into loving raw.


EVERYTIME I think about going back to cooked food, I find a way to re-fall in love with my raw diet. WE are all NOT the same and therefore our diets...raw or otherwise will likely be different. I gained a bit of weight ... about 4#. Hadn't been to the gym in months trying to get into my PhD program. Well, I am so proud to say that my glutes are sore and the pounds are ready to melt away!


I was eating far too many nuts and dried fruits as a way to "hold me over". Truth is, I realized that whenEVER I gravitate towards dried fruits and tons of nuts, I am unhappy in my life. I like to "stuff" my feelings down and heavy things like nuts and dried fruits will do the trick. So imagine... I was NOT doing any exercise of any kind, eating about 2 pounds of nuts and 1 pound of dried fruit a day... starting to feel miserable.. sad...depressed... lonely. Began entertaining thoughts of how "simple" life was when I ate cooked food and then it hit me like a bag of organic corn! DUH.... I decided in one instant that I had enough. That I was sick of feeling pathetic and decided to get some herbs for it and began taking them right away.


I have been fleeting with my yoga practice b/c strength training takes precedence over EVERY kind of exercise in my life, but decided to resurrect my love for yoga by starting slowly and steadily. Oh Goddess what a ride I have been on with it. Just like my raw lifestyle, I fell into it and it is glorious and wonderful and perfect. I have tonssssss of work to do, but am ready for the challenge.


I am back FINALLY this week, to my weights... ahhhhhhhhhhh those glorious iron pills (free weights) make a world of a difference in my life.


Gotta run b/c I have to be up in about 6 hours and I am already exhausted.


Here is my POA:

*strength train 4xs a week

*Yoga 5-7xs a week

*Abs 3xs a week


Food wise, I am on track with feeling GREAT on lots of fruits right now. It is finally really warm on the East Coast and I am enjoying it tremendously. Glorious tomatoes, avocado boats, fresh pineapple, greens...yum! I LOVE this diet!!!!!


I have re-begun to keep my food journal, will throw a few days of food out here tomorrow.

2 comments:

Penni said...

Hi Jayna!

I loved reading your blog! You are rocking it with the training, sister...I love it! And your diet right now sounds heavenly! I am so happy that spring has sprung and all of the fruits and veggies are starting to get luscious. A beautiful time of the year to be raw!

xo....Penni

RawFitMama said...

Hey Penni!!

Thankyou so much. I just love love love Spring time!!! Thank you for reading it girl and hope you feel inspired. Many blessings to you dear

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin