Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Birthday is the NEW new year.

Okay... so in a few minutes I will be 28 years old!!! How fantastic is that?!?!? I love bdays and usually have not so great experiences on them. I usually leave it up to other people to do something nice/special , but this year I took over control 100%. I am feeling a little crowded with the kids here. They literally follow me all over the house. I hurt my nose b/c one of them was behind me and when I turned around to cut the light off, she bumped into my face!! I'm serious. Below I have a great exercise that I intend to do in the steamy hot bathtub tomorrow morning.



Autobiographical Sketch
"Do this writing ritual on your birthday. Write a letter to yourself about yourself, and in it describe yourself and your life. Do this at one sitting. Let the words flow and write whatever comes to mind. Write for at least twenty minutes. Write long hand with a pen on paper or type into your computer. If you wish, reply to some of the following questions to stimulate your writing process: When and where were you born? Where did you grow up? Who was part of your family and what was family life like? What ethnicities and nationalities make up your ancestral heritage? Where did you go to school? What were some good childhood memories? What were some difficult ones? What kind of jobs have you worked? What are your hobbies? What are some of your favorites colors, creatures, plants, gemstones, places, music? What has your spiritual journey been like how you were raised and how you came to embrace your present form of spiritual orientation? What is important to you? What meaning have you made so far of life?


After you have written your autobiographical sketch, read it over, and if you are inclined to do so, add any additional thoughts and experiences that come to mind. Keep your autobiographical sketch in a place where you can readily access it. The following year on your birthday, write another autobiographical sketch without looking at the first one. When you are done, take the first one out and compare it with the one you just did. What parts are similar and what are different? How have your views of yourself and your life changed over time? Note your perspectives. This ritual can be repeated every year or at some other interval, such as every five or ten years. Although the purpose of this sketch writing ritual is focused on aiding you in your growth in personal identity and understanding, you may want to keep a copy of one of your versions with your will so that it can comfort loved ones after you have died and help them remember and understand your view of yourself and your life. "



I have small plans for my birthday. Just dinner with a close friend...a small celebration of this wonderful year that we are in and how great I feel about myself and my life. I am making another strawberry cheezecake sans vanilla (forgot it at the store) and I will take a picture of this one.. I promise. I will also make sure to get pix of me in my new bday skirt. It's so awesome.


So this next year.. age 28 ( I know I don't look a day over 21 !) is going to be a fantastic year. I can feel it. I treat my bday like new year's so I make a list of goals and plans and dreams and visions and set out in motion to make it happen. One thing FOR SURE is that I miss miss miss miss miss miss miss (did I say miss?) weight training. I am going to finish organizing everything in my house and go back into my personal gym. Because as much as I love the real gym, getting there is unrealistic for my single mommie life.


So here's to making 28 in 2008 the best friggin year possible. Time to dream it... and do it. "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" which means "Let the good times roll" in French. Y'all know I'm from New Orleans!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

//happy birthday!!!!!!!!It's mine too(Although I was 28 again this year)! I read your posts from time to time and am always inspired. Many Many more.
Wisdom Goddess Born, AKA Patti

Raw Faith said...

You are the most amazing woman I know and I love you so freaking much it's insane. I am sooo thankful that you were born and brought into this world because without you, I dont know what kind of world it would be. Seriously. You are a gift... a true gift and I am honored to be in your life.

I love you and wish I could be there to celebrate your birthday with you but you know I am there in spirit girl! and thinking of you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RawFitMama said...

Patti- Thanks girl! I am so happy that when you do browse the blog you are inspired. I'm very happy about this bday and sincerely appreciate your message. Blessings back at ya

Brit- My love!! thanks so much for your beautiful message! It touched my heart...truly it did. We will do another bday celebration when you get here :-) And yes yes yes you are here in spirit. I love you

ventressinthevi said...

Happy, happy birthday Jayna! I do something similar to the autogiographical sketch on 31 Dec, but what a great idea to do it on your birthday! Also, I'm loving the frequent blogs--how wonderful that you are growing through your own life changes with such dignity and grace, and that you are being a blessing to your cousin and nephew. You are lately reminding me of a multicolored butterfly spreading shimmer and sparkle with every flicker of its wings! Be encouraged...

wyldegirl said...

What a beautiful way for a beautiful woman to spend her celebratory day. . . and know that so many people are truly blessed that you chose this particular day to enter the world- to fulfill your unique destiny.
Much love!
Jenny

RawFitMama said...

Ventress- I am totally getting a multi-colored butterful tattoo in a few weeks! How ironic that you say that!!!! And yes I am blogging as I grow thru all of this b/c my soul knows that SOMEONE needs to hear it...read it...feel it. I hope it is reaching the corners of the world where it belongs. I appreciate your uplifting message too.

Dear Jenny- Thank you sooooooo much for your words girl. I guess sometimes I feel so much a "part" of it all (the universe, creation, etc) that I forget that maybe on some level someone else thinks it's awesome I was born. So thankyou indeed for that reminder! It was a special day when you entered this world to precious soul.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin