Friday, October 24, 2008

4th chakra; My Advice on Loving Yourself



Good Morning Green Juice Drinkers,

Yesterday I was super sick...super sick. I have been reflecting and I realize why this "illness" won't shake...it's all in the mind. I started thinking healthy thoughts yesterday. Positive sights and sounds and guess what? this morning I feel 50% better. I do run myself too much. My daughter told me the other nite when I gave her a bath, "Mommie, you run too much. ssslllloooowwww down Mom! Just sit still with me" This shocked me so much. My beautiful daughter is so intuitive and so on point with things, I knew she was right. Her Autism is such a gift to us.


Well, anyway, I woke up with a new attitude. I haven't been blogging much about the gym, but I've been going about 5-6 times a week. Well, I"m about to cut that in half!!! Imma go about 3xs a week and during NON crowded times. Last week, I went twice during super busy times and it was a germ fest in there. Oh no, not doing that again. Kennedy actually LOVES going to the gym so when I go when she's in school, she gets a little upset, b/c she wants to go too. So perhaps I'll change to Monday, Tuesday, Saturday??? It's a work in progress so I'll keep you updated.

I also love working out at home. I always have. When I left my husband I had to give our very nice home gym to the neighbors to hold, but I still have all my free weights, his barbells and my myriad of workout videos. As it gets colder on the East Coast (low 30s already), I will be harnessing the power to get up mega early (5:30 am) so that I can workout in the living room while Kay sleeps. My point is that whatever gets you moving...DO IT. The best kind of exercise is the exercise that you'll actually do. There is no IDEAL way to look....work hard, eat healthy and let your body morph and fold into what is right and perfect for Y-O-U. So this weekend I challenge those who are not exercising to pick ONE day, ONE activity and do it. Walk, rebound, run, do yoga... make a date with yourself. Write it on your agenda. Put a memo in your phone and get it done. Then next week, do that 3 times. EVERYONE starts somewhere. Start here...start now. And the second I shake this "bug"....I'm right back at it. Me in my living room kickboxing and sweating away!





4th Chakra: Heart


Element: Air


Function: Love


Inner State: Compassion, love


Malfunction: Asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease

Color: GREEN

Corresponding Verb: I love

"In entering the fourth chakra, we transcend ego in order to loosen our self-defined boundaries and merge into the ecstasy of love. There is no greater way to invite love than to offer it first. Since it is something we all want and need, we gravitate towards those with whom we feel safe and appreciated. To offer that safety and acceptance to another invites the field of love to flourish. To offer loving energy, whether as verbal compliments, empathic acknowledgments, or physical nurturing, invites similar energy to be returned."

WoW! It's really easy to think about the love that we want to receive, but how often do we think about just giving love? If there is someone in your life with whom you constantly bump heads....send love to them. Do it without them knowing. You don't have to be in person to do this. Send them love and wait it out. It's worth it. But firstly love yourself. JUST as you are. Even if you are "falling off the wagon", even if you can't keep your exercise date to yourself, even if no one else seems to love you... LOVE YOURSELF. Write 5 things you genuinely love about yourself and read it 3 times a day.

Just yesterday at dinner my daughter said, "I love you mom, I love you dad, I love you Kennedy. Mommie, I love myself" And I was tickled pink! I said, "Of course you do honey. Always love yourself. And mommie always loves you too." It was a magical feminist moment for me!

I found a great site for those who want to read more about ways and tips to love your body. I normally don't recommend anything the government backs up (with their scary food pyramid), but this time they got it right. Check the site out HERE .




The site even lists "10 Will-Powers for Improving Body Image"




Written by: Michael Levine, Ph.D., and Linda Smolak, Ph.D.


Taking care of your body and doing things you enjoy will enable you to enjoy a happy, participatory life.


Twice a day, everyday, I will ask myself: "Am I benefiting from focusing on what I believe are the flaws in my body weight or shape?"


I will think of three reasons why it is ridiculous for me to believe that thinner people are happier or "better." I will repeat these reasons to myself whenever I feel the urge to compare my body shape to someone else`s.


I will spend less and less time in front of mirrors--especially when they are making me feel uncomfortable and self-conscious about my body.


I will exercise for the joy of feeling my body move and grow stronger. I will not exercise simply to lose weight, purge fat from my body, or to "make-up for" calories I have eaten.


I will participate in activities that I enjoy, even if they call attention to my weight and shape. I will constantly remind myself that I deserve to do things I enjoy, like dancing, swimming, etc., no matter what my shape or size!


I will refuse to wear clothes that are uncomfortable or that I do not like but wear simply because they divert attention from my weight or shape.


I will wear clothes that are comfortable and that make me feel comfortable in my body.


I will list 5-10 good qualities that I have, such as understanding, intelligence, or creativity. I will repeat these to myself whenever I start to feel bad about my body.


I will practice taking people seriously for what they say, feel, and do, not for how slender, or "well put together" they appear.


I will surround myself with people and things that make me feel good about myself and my abilities. When I am around people and things that support me and make me feel good, I will be less likely to base my self-esteem on the way my body looks.


I will treat my body with respect and kindness. I will feed it, keep it active, and listen to its needs. I will remember that my body is the vehicle that will carry me to my dreams!


I will choose to take care of myself and my body!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I remember when I had a bad body image. I didn't focus on it, I just totally ignored my body. Now I am super grateful for all that my body has gone through and how resilient and perfect it is. This issue of body image is brought up right now b/c when I think of loving myself, I have to think about loving the skin I'm in and see that so many of us don't do this. Print off the list of 10 things you can do and start affirming yourself TODAY.




So today it's resting and starting the reading for my next quarter in school. Kay will be with her dad (Probably here in the house, but that's cool) and I will be resting and reading as much as possible. I had a nut/dried fruit trail mix yesterday and it did not agree with my sickened body. Today it's juices and a huge kale salad. No exercise until Monday...just taking it easy.

3 comments:

jessica said...

beautiful, 4th chakra loving post. thank you for such energetic, inspirational writing. your little girl is truly intuitive...what a little love.

RawFitMama said...

Jessica- Hey! thanks for the love. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I wrote from my heart ;-)

kevin said...

There are various online sources to provide you informative details on FDA approved weight loss pills as well as information on pills and tablets available in the pharmaceutical market that are capable of successfully relieving you from the grip of erectile dysfunction and depression. But the online pill destination http://www.pill-care.com is somewhat unique as it makes a whole array of information available to you, including details on the highly popular pills and tablets, testimonials as well as news on the latest tidbits of the pharmaceutical market. Log in to the website and get hold of relevant pill-care details.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin