Sunday, October 26, 2008

5th, 6th, 7th Chakras and My Stress Eating




"Whenever stress eating or true stress (bad habits) persists, make /drink green juice.


Everything is better after that."


-Me ;-)





Okay, all this chakra cleansing, wheel spinning, soul turning work dug up some deep rooted crap. Physically, as well as emotionally and I reverted back to some unhealthy eating habits. All raw, but still unhealthy. There IS way to be truly unhealthy on the raw diet...trust me. Let me give you some insight or refreshers about the chakras.
5h Chakra: Throat
This chakra holds both one's ability to speak one's truth and ask for one's needs, therefore allowing others in and experiencing other and self clearly. Located in the throat, it is blue in color. And is the chakra for communication and clear perception.
Element: Sound
Color: Bright blue

Malfunction: sore throat, stiff neck, colds, thyroid problems, hearing problems

Foods: Fruits

Corresponding verb: I speak

Minerals: Turquoise, aquamarine, celesitie

"Chakra five is the center related to communication through sound, vibration, self-expression, and creativity. It is the realm of consciousness that controls, creates, transmits, and receives communication both within ourselves and between each other. It is the center of dynamic creativity, of synthesizing old ideas into something new. It's attributes include listening, speaking, writing, chanting, telepathy, and any of the arts- esp those related to sound and language.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chakra 6: Third Eye



Light, color, seeing, intuition, visualization, imagination, clairvoyance, vision

Element: Light

Function: Seeing, intuition

Color: Indigo

Minerals: Lapis lazuli, star sapphire, quartz


"The 6th chakra is the ability to understand the vastness of all things and how they work, whether past, present or future. Often referred to as the third ye, it is located in the forehead. It is the chkara for vision, knowledge and wisdom when applied with the heart."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chakra 7: Crown

Consciousness, thought, information, knowing, understanding, transcendence, immanence, meditation.

Element: Thought

Psychological state: Bliss

Malfunction: Depression, alienation, confusion, boredom, apathy, inability to learn

Color: Violet to white

Metal: Gold

"Like a king whose crown signifies order in the kingdom, the crown chakra represents the ruling principle of life- the place where the underlying order and meaning of all things is ultimately perceived. It is the pervading consciouness that thinks, reasons, and gives form and focus to our activities. It is the true essence of being as the awareness that dwells within. In the unconscious, it is the widsom of the body. In the concscious mind, it is the intellect and our beleif systems. In the superconscious, it is awareness of the divine."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Stress Eating

Yes my life can be stressful. NO I didn't have to be honest and say that. Sometimes I find that we (all people) find it necessary to always present our best selves in order to display some sort of "togetherness". That's not my approach. Ask and I will tell you... With that said, for the past two days I haven't made the wisest raw food decisions. And when I say stress eating, I mean overeating at meals and not getting in enough greens. To some people it would be no big deal, but to me it triggers unhealthy patterns and so today I got right on top of it and all is well! That in and of itself is a victory. How many times do we fall and say, "Oh well, I fell now...might as well do/eat/say whatever I want to!" Well, I'm proud to say that only 48 short hours later, I"m ready to roll.

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

I love the post and the honesty :) Get those greens girl! You rock!!!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin