Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cold Autumn Wednesday; Workout and Recipes


Today's dinner...yum yum


My Zesty Kale Salad Combo



I took the picture after I mixed it all together! Sorry :(

I full head of kale



    1/2 avocado (or a whole one!)

1 tbsp hempseeds


1/4 c pumpkin seeds


1/2 lemon


sea salt


2 tbsps olive oil


Tear kale off of stems and wash. Massage salt into the leaves and rub with olive oil. Let sit for 5 mintues. Add the hempseeds, pumpkin seeds, diced avocado and squeeze the juice of the half of lemon. OMGoddess..it is so good and a great way to get your greens in! I have found that eating green at nighttime cuts cravings for sweet things down. I am NOT a person who believes in deprivation AT ALL...just discipline. I made like 8 almond dream bar yumpots...ALL ARE GONE!! I ate like 3 at a time for dessert. I did get up and go take kickbox at the gym however. So I eat well, but I work for it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I've been eating a lot of Angela's "Energy Soup". OMGoddess I normally am not not not a fan of raw soup. I don't know why. But hey, this one is amazing. I find myself wanting more and more. Eating it with crunchky flax crackers and tomatoes or avocador OR tomatoes AND avocado gives it "chew-ability".






Gela's Energy Soup (with my tiny variations)

1/2 cucumber


1/2 red pepper


huge handful of spinach


handful of dulse


juice of 1/2 lemon


flesh of one avocado


sea salt (1/2 tsp) I add more to the finished soup..just a bit more.


Blend and serve with chopped tomato or chopped avocado.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Basically right now, I am seriously feeling the effects of Fall. It's freezing and super windy here on the East Coast, but I am balancing my greens. On this raw diet of mine I find tha tno matter what else I eat, if my greens are in check..I'm cool. I could eat Almond Dream Bars all day and nite if I get my greens in. This is my way of doing MY raw. So being that I finished my last bar, I will be making a fresh batch tomorrow and possibly another dessert and freezing it in portions over the weekend. I'll keep you posted as to what I chose. So if it is cold where you are, and you are eating cooked, make soups from scratch. Think about using organic vegetable broth as your base and adding, canned organic diced tomatoes and carrots/celery/potatoes/onions...etc. THEN have it with a green smoothie!!


Tomorrow is the gym again. Imma lift heavy and go hard. And I challenge you to stop reading, do 20 crunches and commit to do something physical. REMEMBER: The best exercise is the one you'll do ..no matter WHAT it is. I'm rooting for you.


2 comments:

Vegan Bulimic said...

You're the best. Thanks for the inspiration.

RawFitMama said...

VB- NO problem! I'm glad you like coming by.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin