Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Seed Mylk


Quickly... here is the recipe for pumpkin milk. I love pumpkin seeds and for some reason it tastes like peanut butter mylk to me! We are a peanut free household..so I could just be making this all up :-)


Pumpkin Seed Mylk


Makes about 4 cups

(these seeds are a lot cheaper than almonds and taste JUST as great if not better!)


  • 1/4 c pumpkin seeds, soaked

  • 1 tbsp raw agave nectar

  • 3 1/2 c water

  • 1 tsp vanilla (or vanilla bean)

Preparation:


Blend pumpkin seeds with about 1/2 water until very smooth. Then add agave, vanilla and the rest of the water and blend again...strain. Enjoy!!!

P.S. I totally intend on trying to make this mylk with the fresh pumpkin seeds I will save after carving pumpkins with Kennedy this Sunday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You for posting it. :-)

TK!

Joanna said...

i will definitely try this out. i've never made my own milk before, so this looks great. love your site by the way!

susan donavon said...

I simply love you blog. When I read that you were going to write a long post two or three days ago , and you got busy, and understandably so with school and the baby. I have been keeping your daughter up in prayer by the way, you too with your classes. I wanted to ask when you first started raw did you get hungry. I have to lose weight and I love to eat. But i am so taken by the raw way i am really tempted to try it for one day out of a month.

RawFitMama said...

TK- Of course !

Joanna- Sometimes people think it's hard to make mylk. It's the EASIEST thing ever!!! Get a cheesecloth, nut mylk bag, or a new pair of pantyhose! Seriously it works. Let me knw how it goes for you.

Susan- (email me). When I went raw I had tons of food addictions and issues so i was ALWAYS hungry it seemed. You WILL lose weight on raw even if you eat a lot. Of course if you eat 3 lbs of raw nuts that won't help you to lose weight, but you will drop pounds...they will melt away. BE TEMPTED! Try raw for 1 day a week or do 50% raw at every meal. Go slowly and be gentle with yourself. When you are ready...you will know.

Jayna said...

When my niece told me about your blog, I just had to check it out. It's the craziest thing!(I won't say it's a coincidence-don't believe in those) My name is Jayna and my youngest daughter's name is Kennedy! Isn't that something else?!!
God Bless you and continue being a blessing to others and sharing your gift that inspires others to take care of their body!
Jayna G.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin