Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Recipes, Comfort food Advice








Okay...I have to be quick (again) but will type fast and load you up with knowledge as goodies as quickly as I can.

Okay the weather on the East Coast is insane...winds of 50 mph!!! It was so crazy. Kennedy went to FINALLY pick out her costume today. She is going to be a doctor pirate. Or a pirate doctor. We do NOT only look in the girls' section. We look at all the costumes. It's so annoying how there are only frilly little choices for girls. Or even the girl vampire looked like a prostitute. We would have made our costume (as I am sure we will do in the future) but she was adamant about going to the shop. It was so much fun though.

Okay onto East Coast cold...raw food and my tummy. I've gained like 2 lbs and I'm loving it... 3 more to come!!! I'm kidding. I don't weigh myself much. I have a scale, but only get on about once ...maybe twice a month.

Yesterday on October 27, 2008 I ate....

green juice (kale, cuke, celery, lemon, apple)
green smoothie (banana, spinach, froz straw, hempseeds, cacao, pumpkin mylk)...yum I put lots of ice in it and ate it like ice cream
pasta alfredo, sundried tomato flax crackers (recipe for pasta below)
2 apples with cinnamon sprinkled on top
More pasta and flax crackers with alfredo
2 almond butter dream bars.. (recipe below)

I ate the dessert at midnite and woke up with a tummy ache!! No more late night eating for me. AS it's colder, I find drinking more tea keeps me full and warms my belly. I don't drink it scorching hot...I let it mellow out and then drink it almost room temp. Is this in keeping with 100% raw? Who gives a walnut!

I have so many exciting ideas in the works. Can't say anything yet, but please send out some amazing, creative, goddess energy for me. It will take me a few months, but it will be so worth it. Sometimes I struggle with thoughts about inadequacy. I know where it all stems from and I am doing the work in that area of my life. I wont' attempt something if I think I can't do it (my idea of) perfectly. I am getting over that and...well I can't tell you!

Pasta Alfredo
I am Creamy sauce (from Cafe Gratitude's UnCookbook (seriously one of my favorite and most used uncookbooks


  • 1 c macadamia nuts (do not soak)
  • 1/2cup almond or brazil nut mylk ( used brazil nuts b/c u don't have to soak em first)

  • 2 tbsps chopped scallions

  • 1/2 tsp garlic

  • 3/4 tsp salt (too salty)...I will use less next time
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg

  • 1/4 tsp white pepper

Blend all ingredients for sauce until creamy. I served over spiralized zuchinni...yum! I ate with flax crackers and it was so so so so good. You can grab an inexpenisive noodle spiralizer (saladacoo) right HERE . I love mine. It lasts forever too.

I made Angela and Matt's amazing "Almond Bar Yumpots". OMGoddess... I ate 4 today. They were so good!!! I will totally make more this weekend and they are easy to keep in the fridge.

Almond Bar YumPots



  • 7 oz almond butter

  • 7 oz coconut oil (equal amounts of coconut butter and almond butter even if less is used)

  • 1/3 c lucuma powder

  • liquify in food processor

  • then pulse in dehydrated 1/3 cbuckwheat sprouts (I used groat 1/2 sprouts!) and 1/3 c goji berries

  • Put in rubber cupcake holders or a bowl. Freeze for 3-5 minutes and eat!!!
Watch the video of Matt and Angela. It's hilarious. I love to see people so obviously in love with one another. right HERE .

I have one more recipe, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I hope that you are braving the cold weather and right now when you want to reach for "comfort" foods, remember how uncomfortable you will feel after you eat them. Research some raw comfort type foods and try those. It doesn't erase the problem of seeking food for comfort..but hey, one step at a time. That' show I did it.


1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin