Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM & other Raw Good Stuff


Hey Fit Peeps!

I couldn't blog yesterday b/c after I left the doctor, I had a terrible stomach ache= the cashew ice cream from the night before! I am so convinced that all nuts HAVE to be soaked and then dehydrated before I will consume them...even pecans, walnuts...all of em!! I felt like crap. Well, I wanted to workout before the doctor but had some stuff to straighten out at the library and it took forever!! So yesterday was a DOR so I just have to adjust this week's workout schedule accordingly.

I have been craving salads.....lots of em. That's weird b/c it's really cold outside, I thought I would want more dehydrated stuff, but my body gets tired of it after a while. I'm sure I'll be concocting something soon, but for now...I'm keeping it simple. Although I did just see a raw pizza recipe that I will most likely try this weekend when I get more free time.

Last nite I took off from schoolwork to rest my achy belly and do some recreational reading. I'm really enjoying poems by Mary Oliver right now.


When I Am Among the Trees

When I am among the trees,

especially the willows and the honey locust,

equally the beech, the oaks and the pines,

they give off such hints of gladness.

I would almost say that they save me, and daily.


I am so distant from the hope of myself,

in which I have goodness, and discernment,

and never hurry thorough the world

but walk slowly, and bow often.


Around me the trees stir in their leaves

and call out, "Stay awhile."

The light flows from their branches.


And they call again, "It's simple," they say,

"and you too have come

into the world to do this, to go easy, to be filled

with light, and to shine."

-Mary Oliver


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm shining....are you? If not, what can you do NOW , TODAY that can help you to walk towards living an authentic and full life? Do you need to hit the public library and find some books/ meditation CDs that will bring you closer to your Source? Can you call ONE trusted friend to discuss your innermost feeling and then feel free to start again? What can you do? Can you journal, paint, draw, color your dream life? Because once you do that, it's only making and taking the steps to have it happen. I believe in you...you should too! So today, so one thing that gets you closer...ONE thing. You can handle it.


Today, Kennedy and I got up and headed to the gym. Oh gyrl oh gyrl.. I worked it out!! Maybe I was subconsciously thinking about missing yesterday so I pushed it hard. I felt great. I started by reading some schoolwork for 10 mins on the rbike for my warmup . Then I worked upperbody (in no particular order)


  • isolated bicep curls

  • tricep kickbacks

  • ball roll ups

  • ab knee ups on bench

  • pushups

  • tricep extensions

  • shrugs

  • oblique hangovers

  • lateral raises

  • bent arm row

I followed each full set (after all exercises were done) with a 2 minute hard run on the treddy to keep my heart rate up. Then finished the workout off with 20 mins on my best friend the Stairmaster. Got Kay and headed home. I had a yummy, simple salad for lunch. It was simple b/c I need to get to the store and didn't have more ingredients!! hahahahaha


Simple Tuesday Salad



  • Spring Mix & Romaine

  • 1 avocado diced

  • 1/4 c pumpkin seeds

  • 1/2 lemon juiced

  • sea salt

Tomorrow Kay is off from school and she and I are hitting the gym for kickboxing and yoga and then going to the library. We are gonna make GF playdough from scratch and maybe bake a GF apple pie. I will see how she feels. I really want to get her eating more raw, but truth is being 4 and having Autism =not wanting to try new things. I will continue to go Gandhi with it and let my life be my message and as she grows she will continue to make better choices. She's already vegan (since conception), GF (for 2 years), soy free for a year...so she's doing great.


With my tummy ache I really wanted fruit. My body was asking for simple and easily digestible foods. Yesterday November 10, 2008 I had...


green juice (broc stalk, cuke, celery, apple, lemon, kale)


green smoothie (1 c froz straw, 1/2 banana, spinach, e3live)


huge salad (simple salad's recipe above) with 1 cup grapes


1 c grapes, 2 sliced bananas and 1 c sliced strawberries


blended fruit bowl of 2 oranges, 1 banana, 1 c froz straw with 1 sliced banana stirred in


Well, I'm off to do some schoolwork and then play with Kay. Hope you find a way to tap into your bliss today.


No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin