Saturday, November 1, 2008

Short Day, Recipe and Crazy Cardio Plans

Real quick post.

Today I took a crazy class at the gym. Normally classes aren't my thing and I just lift heavy on my own, but I love my new gym and the classes are super fun. (did I just say "super"?) Anyway, I have been having a sweet tooth lately so I made Kristen's Pecan Spice Delight Cookies and hemp banana ice cream. OMGoddess...I am full up to my eyeballs and it was so easy and I'm serious...so fast.




Pecan Spice Delight Cookies
(this is Kristen's photo. mine weren't nearly as "camera ready". I put mine on a powerpuff gyrl plate.)


Yield 3 cups cookie batter

1 1/2 cups pecans (soaked and dehydrated if possible)

1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded dried coconut

1 tablespoon (or more!) lucuma powder

pinch Himalayan crystal salt 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup raisins

10 dates, pitted


Process all of the ingredients, except for the raisins and dates, in a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, until coarsely ground. Add the raisins and dates and continue processing until the mixture begins to stick together when pressed between your fingers. Roll and form into desired shapes and sizes


I'm serious. Check out some of her ebooks right HERE . it's hard to tell you how to pick just one, but seriously consider the Desserts ebook. I make something from her uncook ebooks at least 3-4 times a week...I'm so serious. She's the real deal. ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hemp Banana Ice Cream

1 cup hempseeds blended with 1 cup water until creamy
Add 2 frozen bananas
Blend and enjoy

I don't have a photo for it because quite frankly didn't wanna go upstairs and get it and I knew I'd be making it again!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The first week of the quarter is over and I did so well. It is crazy amounts of reading, writing, arithmetic (just kidding), but I love the work and it is so engaging. I find myself wanting to make 36 hours out of 24 sometimes. Kennedy asked me before bed (as she does every nite) "What are we gonna do tomorrow?" I told her we are trying a new gym and she is so excited. I am too about tomorrow. My chest and triceps are so sore from pushing it hard the other day.


What I like to do is lift in supersets or with 60 seconds of cardio between sets for 2 weeks out of the month and then lift heavy (heavy weights, low reps) for two weeks out of the month. Well, I am taking a small break from focusing on lifting and doing a bit more cardio which is usually not my thing. But I have been wanting lots of "heavy" and denser foods b/c of the freezing East Coast weather and I am just doing what feels natural to my body right now.

I'll be back tomorrow with news about the 7-10 day cleanse I'm about to embark upon. Nothing crazy..just digestion reload time. I never set specific days b/c it seems like too much of a way to fail to me. I do what I feel is right.

2 comments:

jessica said...

enjoying these yummy cookies via your blog. right now i am in brazil, not having ingredients. but consuming lots of simple smoothies, with incredible mangoes. mangoes in ny have been lousy this past summer, so now i am overloading....it's in huge abundance here.

RawFitMama said...

Jess- I emailed you girl!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin