Friday, November 7, 2008

Working it All Out

Cranberry Carrot Juice






Hey Green Goddesses!

Okay. It's almost midnite I have to be brief. I was behind on my schoolwork this week campaigning for Barack and had to try to start catching it all up today...no easy feat. So I have to get some rest b/c my eyeballs are burning. (how great of a description was that?)

Well, today after Kennedy went to school I had 2.5 hours to do a ton of stuff. I meditated and some wonderfully revealing life changing revelations happens and then headed to the gym. I went as a guest to Kennedy's dad's gym....um...no. It was so big I got lost!!! I did however get a good workout. I worked upper body and did a small cardio warmup.

Workout
11 mins stairmaster
3 sets of each (this wasn't the order)
  • bicep curls
  • tricep dips
  • seated shoulder press
  • assisted pull ups
  • one armed lat row
  • bent over rows
  • pushups
  • roman chair abs

I had a great smoothie today. I've been trying to find ways to cuts excess calories...I know a raw foodist who thinks about calories?? Well, food is food and it DOES have calories! I tried great smoothie that I think I remember reading from Kristen a while back. I will give it my own title, but I am sure she had one.

Applelicious Fall Green Smoothie

  • 1 apple chopped
  • two handfuls of spinach
  • ice
  • cinnamon
  • vanilla
  • blend and enjoy!

I was so surprised that with no banana it was super delicious and a definite one for my Fall "apples are in season and cheaper" rotation!

On that note I've decided to make my own version of the raw diet. It's now officially called "High Green Raw Vegan". If someone steals my title, let me know! That's if it doesn't exist and I don't know about it. For me, I realize that the key to vibrant health, is green green green green. I am serious. It really resonates with me and I will giving myself a High Green Raw Vegan test run. I think I'm already on one, but I will still be more conscious of it and post my menus for you here.

Oh yea, last nite after my post, I decided to watch a good movie and make an ice cream. So much for my mindful calories. Well...I told you I don't' like restriction. Hahaha. It was so good

Late Nite "Get it Right" Banana/Cacao Cookies n Cream
(could that title be any longer?)

  • 1/2 oz cashews
  • 1/3 c cacao nibs
  • 2 bananas

  • tons of ice
  • 2 dates (soft or soaked for a bit)

  • blend and enjoy
  • I added another 1/2 oz of cashews after I was done, but any other nut would do.

I know I know... but it was delicious. I woke up with that "not digested" belly feeling. I felt it at the gym too. I know better than to eat heavy that late at nite.

I've decided to try something out. I will keep a semi calorie count for a few days just to get a ball park of what I'm consuming. I have a few staples for my High Green conscious days coming up... I'll keep you posted about them

Foods/Drinks for my High Green Raw Vegan Diet Plan

  • soups
  • juices
  • smoothies
  • ice screams

  • salads
  • collard wraps

Tomorrow Kay and I are headed to the gym early (lower body!), cleaning and smudging. I will be catching up on more schoolwork and then going to the movies with my friend who I hardly get a chance to see.

Today, November 7, 2008 I had.....

1/2 quart green juice (broc stalks, lemon, apple, kale, cuke, celery)

green smoothie (1/2 banana, spinach, froz strawberries, e3live

two apples

collard wraps (onions, tomatoes, sprouts, spring mix, 1 avocado)

2 cups of grapes and 1/3 cantaloupe

strawberry swirl sorbet (2tbsps hempseeds blended with water to make hemp mylk, 2 c frozen straw, 1/2 banana...blend.. fold in 1 c fresh strawberries)

peppermint tea

1/2 quart of green juice (broc stalk, lemon, apple, kale, cuke, celery


No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin