Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy MLK day and Enjoy the videos!

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!!! Kennedy and I are reciting the speech and sing old negro spirituals!!!

At this time in American history I am moved to tears. My soul is open and I am so grateful for the changes that our country has made and excited about the progress we STILL have to make. I want my daughter raised in a world where she knows that the color of her skin won't inhibit her in any way. And while I know that people will see her differently and attempt to limit her b/c of her different ability (formerly known as disability) and her black skin, she can always look to the president and say, "YES I CAN"!!!!!

Enjoy the speeches



c





If you want to be moved to tears. Watch this video

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin