Friday, January 16, 2009

Making the Most out of what you've got!

Hey Green Poppie Seeds!!!

Yesterday was a blistering freezing day in PA! Geez...cold cold cold! Kay and I got up in the morning and headed to the gym. I worked upper body like a madwoman!!! I felt so strong when we left.

Well, last nite her dad took her to special needs gymnastics and I decided to finish my cardio at the gym. Well, I had eaten 1 c cooked steel cut oats with berries and flax oil before going. It was 2 hrs before and I felt like I had cement on my chest. OH NO!!! 20 mins into it, I couldn't handle it. Had to quit. And I was NOT happy to stop a workout. This proves two things: 1) no more steel cut oats for a while; 2) eating "light to heavy" is truly what works best.

In fairness to me, I was supposed to be done exercising for the day. Anyhow, I got off the machine and into the hottub for 20 mins. Totally wasn't paying attention and it fried my new patent leather watch! ARG!.... :)

Today was a great day. -5 degrees this morning, but it was great. I had some business to take care of in the way of school stuff and then got to the gym late. Only had 45 mins before I had to run to the store and get Kay from school.

I did a 10 min warm up and 2 sets of about 6 lowerbody exercises. I pushed hard on the last set. Had my post workout shake of (soaked goji, soaked chia, banana, frozen straw and I forgot my vitamineral greens)

Today I've been cleaning and clearing. Wanting to organize. I mean really cleaning. I was on my hands and knees scrubbing my kitchen and downstairs bathroom floors!!! Reorganizing some things...oh yea.

This weekend is the last time that I have to complete the rest of my coursework from last semester. Wish me luck. Kennedy seems to be catching a cold and with 2 doctor appts and surgery next week, that will NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT be good...so send some well vibes her way. Tomorrow I will douse her with tons of zinc, vitamin C, echinacea, goldenseal and smooth move tea to get the gunk out of her bowel.

I am all about making the best out of what you have. Can't afford a juicer right now??? Check this out. It totally works too. I am going to CA at the end of the month and I will be bringing a tiny blender that can fit in my suitcase and my nutmylk bag for my green juice!!! I'm bringing my exercise bands and resistance bands too. NOTHING stops me. I make the most of all that I have. Try it!

Check out this cool video about how to juice wihtout a juicer


2 comments:

Dayma said...

You are soooooooooo inspriational! I am trying to do the raw thing and the workout thing and can't seem to get it together. You remind me of when I was a workout fanatic!!!! Now I HATE it...and I am blessed to have a beautiful full fledged top of the line equiped gym in my home and I have a gym memebership. So, I have no excuses. Thanks for your beautiful blog! :o)

Keep it raw!

Dayma

RawFitMama said...

Dayma-!!!!!! Thanks gyrl. Hey, don't worry, you WILL get back in the groove. Take a day and make a schedule...simple and short. like...2 days this week I will go into my home gym and do 30 minutes on the treadmill (assuming you have one sorry:( once you get it done, you will feel accomplished and motivated to start again. I had a hiatus from workign out too and I was so upset...upset with my muscle loss, my range of motion etc. I stopped whining..got off my flabby ass and hit it slowly. Then I was motivated to keep going.
Email me and tell me how it's going. You can do it gyrl!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin