Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Making changes daily

Okay.... day 3. NO cooked steel cut oats. I had a heavy leg day planned, but my buckwheat concoction before bed made me wake up with gas and a tummy ache. It was TOO late to eat... too heavy of a meal... and ouch did I feel it. SO... plan B. Consume my new buckwheat porridge AFTER THE GYM. I ate an apple and 1/2 a banana before going.

My new buckwheat porridge recipe is called Buckwheat Applesauce Fruit Porridge.

*soak one cup of buckwheat over nite
*risnse well in the morning
*blend with 1/4 c water, 2 tsps yacon syrup (or agave), 1 tsp vanilla
*pour into a bowl
*add 2 skinned and diced apples to blender to make applesauce (I left mine chunky)
*add applesauce to bowl with buckwheat porridge
*add diced apples and sliced bananas and blueberries.

I have a picture of it, but didn't upload it. I will do that later.

I also have some quinoa sprouting. I will try it that way before cooking it, but have no problem with just steaming it with a few broc stalks and having it with a HUGE salad.

Nashima left a great recipe for steel cut oats:

"I have also been incorporating more oatmeal lately and it feels really great to have food that is a little more dense. I don't cook it but make raw version: I soak steel cut oats together with flax seed overnight. Sometimes I add prunes, goji berries or a date or two. The next morning I put the soaked mixture in the blender and blend it until it's smooth. I then put it in a bowl, add some water, stir in some chia seeds, cinnamon and whatever I feel like and let it sit for 20 minutes. Done! "

That sounds amazing and anything that adds those powerhouses Chia Seeds and Goji Berries. That will be great!

My dear friend Tina gave me this recipe...

*1 cup steel cut oats
*5 dried calimyra figs
*1 cup fig soak water
*1/8-1/2 tsp cinnamon
* pinch allspice agave to taste (about a TBS is good)
*soak oatmeal in about 4 cups water - in airtight glass container - in fridge for 24-48 hours
* soak figs in 2 cups water for 2 hours-to-overnight
*put 1 cup of the fig soak water into blender and blend until smooth...
*add drained oatmeal, agave and spices (can also add either walnuts or almonds
*if you like if you have a dehydrator, you can even put it in there to warm it a tad before eating

I am SOOOOOOOO trying this one!!!!

Now that I feel I have a better grasp on hearty raw protein packed breakfast meals... I will tackle quinoa for dinner meals....ahhhh. I am sprouting some now and will see how I like it raw tossed with veggies etc. If not, I will sprout and then put over heat for 3 minutes (real heat) with veggies seasonings....THEN I will move to full cooked after that. Today I can say that I feel full....strong and powerful. I worked my legs EXTRA hard in the gym and they were shakin like vegan bacon!!!!

Here are a few videos about raw quinoa..... Enjoy!




2 comments:

Tina said...

You are too cute girlfriend! Love your blog and your approach to eating.....talk soon!

Tina

RawFitMama said...

Tina- Love you you too pink goddess!!!!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin