Saturday, January 17, 2009

Snacking, Schoolwork, Angela Stokes and Exercise

Ok...what's up with my late nite snacking??!?!? ARG! Well, it was a hot cuppa yerba mate' + honey and some dried black mission organic figs....then later grapes, but still. I was watching a movie so I identify the trigger, but geez!!

Today I will be at the library from about 2-5 when they close and then try to head to the gym from some cardio and abs...then home early enough to hang with Kay and stay up late tonite finishing up some assignments. Tomorrow I will get up and do some at home yoga and then head to the library for an allllllllll day study/work-a-thon. I have so much to do and little time to get it done in. Ahhh working on my procrastination- this is a big one for me. Don't worry, I'm getting there. Any thoughts or suggestions??? I would be eternally grateful ;-)

Angela Stokes is one of my absolute favorite people in the world. Her amazing spirit and endless loving kindness is a gift for the world to witness. She truly has a handle on understanding food addiction and the connection between spirit and body.

Check out this awesome youtube video with her making juice. I TOTALLY will start squeezing my juice when I am looking to have juice only days (to eliminate the pulp)



Check out this short video on using exercise bands. I get lots of emails from women who can't get to a gym (or afford one), and who can't afford or get access to dumbbells...well watch this short clip. You can get strength training bands from Target/Wal Mart/Craigs list...really inexpensive.

I will be doing this workout when I am in the mountains of California in 2 weeks! Also, the other videos are short cardio ones. NO EXCUSES!!!! No equipment? No problem!! Come to my blog and just get it done!!







Best of luck to you as you focus on true health and passion.

In light and love,
Jayna'

1 comment:

Nicole Brenny said...

Hi Jayna,

I have been reading your blog for such a long time and I am really glad that you are committed to 100% health rather than 100% raw. I never struggled with eating 100% raw...in fact I LOVE IT. BUT I did struggle with feeling happy and remaining healthy eating that way. I find that a few steamed veggies or a little bit of cooked grains (even some hummus once in awhile) keeps me healthy. Anything beyond that (too many cooked fats) makes me sick! I have been eating a lot of soaked oats which I blend in a blender with some spices....I even top it with homemade raw applesauce just like you do, which is funny. (isn't it tasty??). Anyway you are an inspiration. As of right now I am getting into weight training and creating the body that I want, just because I know I can! If you have any advice for starting out I would love to hear it. Keep writing, people read it!

http://nicolerawawake.blogspot.com

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin