Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Workout Wednesdays

Just wanted to make a post ...a short and simple one.

I want to start "Workout Wednesdays" where I post my workouts and my food for the day.

Well, Wednesday is normally a cardio day so it will be kinda boring....sorry. Next week I will list my POA and maybe that will be a little more interesting.

Short and simple
Morning: 40 mins cardio. 30 rbike (reading a magazine). 20 mins on treddy (incline intervals)
About 100 various ab exercises (roman chair, medicine ball twists)

Tonite: spinning 50 mins, 40 abs (medicine ball twists)

Menu:
8:20 am 32 oz orange juice, flesh of one orange (wanted green juice but totally too lazy to clean the juicer after I made Kay's juice for school)...and yes I have 3 juicers and didn't wanna get them dirty either!

11:00 (post gym) smoothie 3 tbsp soaked chia seds, soaked goji berries, 1 banana, 1.5 cs frozen mango

12:20 8oz dried black mission figs (yes dried) was hungry, Kay wouldn't nap (couldn't go into kitchen for "real" lunch) ate em all before I knew it (bad Jayna' :)

3:30 huge kale and pea sprout salad with 1/3 c hempseeds, 1 avocado, 1 c cherry tomatoes, juice of one lemon, celtic sea sat. 32 ozs of orange/cranberry juice ("oh don't drink while you eat Jayna' !!!") I know I know, but I was thirsty and it looked good. I'll do better with that tomorrow

6:45 (post spinning) smoothie: vitamineral green, soaked gojis, soaked chia, 1 banana, 1 c frozen strawberries

8:15 (too late I know I Know) 1c COOKED steel cut oats, 1/2 c fresh blueberries, 1 tsp flax oil.

Tip of the Week
*Get a cute basket for your living room. Put a jump rope, strength training bands, and a few LIGHT hand weights in it. During one of your favorite shows...use the commercials and make a challenge for yourself: "I will do 30 bicep curls... I will do 20 knee pushups... I will do 40 crunches" and you'd be surprised what you can get done by the end of the Biggest Loser!

Revelations:

*gotta stop eating so late... it's my struggle right now
*need to get in tons more water
*stop being lazy and make the damn green juicer...just have TWO dirty juicers
*be better prepared for snack time so that 8 ozs of figs don't wind up in ur stomach before lunch. I woulda enjoyed em much better with a cuppa tea...damn!

Tomorrow my quinoa will be sprouted, but I am holding off on that as of yet and will likely eat some steamed veggies with my monster salad at dinner time.hmmmm of course I'll take photos and keep you posted.

Tomorrow is "Rock it Upper Body" day for me... don't know when I can get it in. If I try to go early I have to be done by 9:30 b/c Kay has therapy at a hospital 20 mins away... if I go later... she has preschool hr at the library from 1:30-2:30 and the daycare doesn't open until 4.... hmmmm I think 4 pm will be best. I totally dont' want to be rushed ....hmmmm

Well, I hope you are making time for fitness!!!! Every little bit counts.

In light and love,
Jayna'

8 comments:

MzTeeJaye said...

I've been trying to eat raw for about a month now and I am starting to struggle..I'm having a hard time finding recipes that I enjoy and I'm getting frustrated..any suggestions? What were your favorite recipes when you started?

RAWVOLTA said...

That's so funny! It seems like we all are writing about fitness recently - moi on rawfoodtip.com , Lori Painter on Inspire2act.
It is a pleasure to meet you!

RawFitMama said...

Mz Tee Jaye- If you are struggling... perhaps you need to take a step back and evaluate where you are. Are you eating enough calories? Are you getting in lots of LIVE nutritious raw food? When I first went raw 5 years ago, i struggled too. Couldn't leave my soy burgers and fries alone (vegan and all), but it wasn't until I let go of all of that and forgot about percentages, etc...that I woke up and said "I want to be 100% raw". Educating yourself about heathy meals is a great thing to do. I found that the more green smoothies I drank, the less I craved other things... greens are very balancing. However, if you have an emotional connection to the cooked food you crave, it won't be as simple as drinking a green smoothie..time to pull out the journal and get real with yourself. YOu can do this. I know you can.

Rawvolta- Nice to meet you too!!!!! fitness has been my deal since day one. it's just as important as the raw food in my opinion. Loved your blog post about fitness BTW. You're great!

Violet Parr said...

Hey Raw Fit Mama,
Just wanted to say that I love reading your blog - wow you have a busy schedule!
If you don't mind me asking, how much sleep do you get on an average night?
Im a vegan student and am curious to see if upping my exercise regime and more raw food would reduce the quantity of sleep I need.
Thanks Georgina

Connie said...

I just spent the last hour making 4 quarts of green juice and cleaning the juicer, so I know exactly where you are coming from. :) Your menu sounds yummy!

Hugs!
Connie

Casey Lorraine Thomas said...

You rock lady, posting all your healthy fun :).

Saw you have been making energy soup...what grens have you been using?

Casey xx

RawFitMama said...

Violet- I sleep an average of 6 hours a nite. I have been having trouble snacking at nite (hehehe) but when I stop eating before 8, my nites are easy. I get tons done and dose off about midnite. Up at 6 am. Exercising gives you endorphins like a mad womyn!!! Add that to raw foods and you've got an energy powerhouse.

Connie- I just cleaned the juicer... I know ARG. Sometimes I wish the juice fairy would come down with magic dust and clean the juicer...hey she can clean the kitchen while she's at it ;-)

Casey- In the energy soup, I use whatever is in here! Mainly spinach, chard or kale leaves...yum

LobotoME said...

Just discovered your blog via CrazySexyLife and luv it - keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Jenny
LobotoME.com

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin