Monday, April 13, 2009

14 Day Green Detox

Hi Goddesses!

Yesterday was a DOR from working out and dedication to my schoolwork. I did 5 mins of abs and ate a ton of food!!! I made so many yummy things for the week and had a nice Sunday Easter meal with Kennedy.

For the week I made Kristen's cheezy hemp nacho sauce. (recipe below). Oh my goddess this sauce is rawmazing!!! I am serious. I had it on corn chips last nite with the fermented dill/paprika cashew cheeze that I made for the week. I also made some corn chips and sun dried tomato flax crackers. I made a HUGE smoothie with celery (my new favorite smoothie green), strawberries and bananas with chia seeds gelled. I was ready to go!!!

This week will be a breeze now. OF course I still have things to do to prepare for my days, but it will be much easier.

Now...onto the real deal.....

Jayna's 14 Day Green Detox

*Green juice and smoothies until dinner time (about 6 pm)

*3-4 L of water per day

That's it! Simple and to the point. Finally getting warm up here on the East Coast (although this morning was 29 degrees) and am just ready for some internal spring cleaning. I am not going to go all out and say that I want to do a juice feast because I don't. Neither do I want to give myself a thousand rules like skin brush 7xs a day...etc. I will report everyday about my progress.

This morning I was still digesting my dinner so I had...

Today's Raw Food Menu and Plan

*warm lemon water

*12 oz celery, banana, straw, chia smoothie

*30 oz kale, banana, straw, chia smoothie

*24 oz juice (cuke + celery + apple)

*22 oz spinach, banana, straw chia smoothie

*kale salad with 1 avocado, red pepper, nutritional yeast, lemon juice with sun dried tomato flax with Kristen's cheezy hemp nacho sauce

*8 oz juice (cuke + celery + apple)

Edit*** Later in the day I had 3 tbsps e3live, 1 orange, and some grape kombucha****

Workout

*jump rope

*treddy (jog for 12 minutes)

*hardcore fast paced upper body circuit




CHEEZY HEMP NACHO SAUCE

By Kristen Suzanne of KristensRaw.com

Yield approximately 1 1/2 cups

1/3 cup water1 clove garlic2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1 red bell pepper, seeded, rough chopped (approximately 1 cup)1 cup hemp seeds2 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes1 tablespoon chili powder*2 teaspoons tamari, wheat-free1/2 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper1/8 teaspoon turmeric powderBlend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. This can be stored in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a great day! I will have to try that cheezy nacho sauce recipe - so far I have yet to find a vegan cheese substitute that I like...I usually opt to skip it or eat very rarely rather than find substitute, but that sounds delicious!

RawFitMama said...

Kate- Do try the recipe...so easy to make and sooooooo delicious. I know what you mean about the vegan cheese substitutes... I've been there. I used to be a dairy cheese-aholic!!!
I hope you like it

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin