Thursday, April 23, 2009

Green Detox Day 11

Can you believe it's Day 11 already!!!! I am feeling so many changes in my body and my spirit. I am getting really creative with my smoothies and adding chia seeds is really helping to keep me full. I am making smoothies every time I am hungry and always having one ready beforehand.

Today I had a great workout at the gym. I was kinda out of it when I went in and just told myself I would do my strength training and go back and do my cardio later, but decided I would get it all done while I was there. I realized in the past few days that my "Friends" at the gym are always stopping me and chatting thereby prolonging my time in the gym and cutting into my high heart rate. I decided that I would go in focused and talk ONLY after I was done. This made a major difference!!

Today's Menu and Food Plan

*green smoothie: spinach, celery, fresh strawberries, orange, banana, sesame seed mylk and chia seeds (2 cups)

*green smoothie: (same as above) 1 qrt

*green smoothie: kale, spinach, frozen mango, frozen banana, sesame mylk, water, 2 tbsps hempseeds

*green smoothie: 1 frozen banana, 1 lemon, spinach, vanilla, ice, water

*kale salad: kale, red pepper, veggie flax crackers, cayenne tahini dressing, yellow peppers

*4 dried figs with 1 c vanilla hazelnut tea

Today's Exercise

*10 min warm up on elliptical

*21s (bicep curl)

*dips

*lat pull down

*assisted pullups

*hammer curls

*preacher curls

*shrugs

*weighted obliques

*intervals on treddy

I worked up an awesome sweat and felt amazing as I chugged my smoothie with Kennedy on my way out of the gym. I have lots of reading to do tonite and may go back to the gym and sit on the Ubike and get some reading done. I am not sure yet, maybe not...hmmm

Okay, some days I go back and eat something before bed other than what I list on my food menu and plan. Last nite I had an orange before bed and a few nights I added sauerkraut and dulse to my salad. No big deal.

Check out this awesome video by my buddy Philip. This is EXACTLY my way of thinking. Simple is best. Yes I do make my flax crackers, tortillas, desserts, etc, but the MAJORITY of my raw diet is S-I-M-P-L-E



Check out his smoothie video too.



You should be inspired to eat and be raw now!!! Grab a green smoothie no matter how large or small... just make one. I used a $20 blender from Wal Mart (yes wal mart :( ) until it blew up!!! I saved and got my Vitamix and I use it 3-5 times A DAY. Just get started. Smoothies, Salads, Fruits... THAT IS RAW FOOD. !!!!

4 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Funny you mentioned the Wally's blender. I went on a broke out my little blender (I'm saving up for a real one) and made good use of it. I've made 2 green smoothies so far. Delish!

The Veg Next Door said...

Your cells are singing after a green smoothie? So inspiring. I might kick this coffee habit after all. :-)

RawFitMama said...

ChocOrchid- you go gyrl!! That is what it is all about...making use of what you have NOW and starting TODAY. rawk it gyrl!

Veg-You can totally kick that coffee habit. One day I will have to do a post about where I come from with my diet. I used to drink 3 POTS of coffee a day and even went to work full time in a coffee shop so that I could supply my habit!! Now look at me?? Caffeine free for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

The Veg Next Door said...

3 pots of coffee?! Oh my!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin