Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Green Detox Days 13 &14. Closing and Thoughts on Cleanse


Okay poppies. Sorry for the 5 day delay, but things can quickly get hectic around here. Okay I don't have my notebook for my food intake for last two days of the challenge, but I did NOT finish strong!!! I was disappointed in myself, but circumstances arose that couldn't be helped :(


On Sat. Day 13, I was invited to the Mother-to-Mother Luncheon for mommies of kiddos with Autism. I was meant to be a day of pampering and enjoyment. They went to great lengths to make me a wonderful vegan and gluten free meal (the only one in the bunch). I was STARVING and the event was 4.5 hours. I had a small green smoothie that morning. Small for me is 3 cups. I decided to eat the wonderful smelling meal. Oh my...big mistake. The organic sauteed rice and veggie dish seemed like a good idea, but let me tell you, it WAS NOT. Oh my oh my. Sick as a dog! Seriously. Sick as a dog.


On Sun. Day 14, I went to the infamous Arnold's Way (more on that tomorrow when I can upload the photos and stuff). Got a few gourmet raw dishes and....SICK AS A DOG! Had to stop at the Whole Foods and go to the bathroom. As a result some of my eating spiraled a bit out of control for a few days. That coupled with my inability to get to the gym and I just went into a mini depression. Seriously. Okay depression may not be the best word, but you get my point. Tonite I am determined to get to the gym even if it's for 30 mins to ride the Ubike or Rbike and just get myself together. My stomach is still killing me from my poor choices and I am determined NOW to get it together. My daughter told me today to eat a fruit salad! She is such a sage.


Okay, so I have a new plan and a new challenge for myself. I really need to keep it simple and get back to the basics. So starting tomorrow I am doing green juice EVERY morning (even if it's only 8-12 ozs) and then green smoothies. Mono meals at lunch of fruit and then mono meals of fruit before a night time salad. No nuts, no flax crackers. My fat will come from tahini, avocados, and olives. I am excited about it and know it will work well. I will put the details in my next post. I will check in daily like I did before. Also, I previewed some new DVDs and have to put their reviews up after I actually do them.


So, overall the cleanse was fantastic. It reminded me of what it's like to truly eat raw food. What drew me to this lifestyle was the simplicity of it and the spiritual awakening I received by uncomplicating my life. For that reason alone, I am glad I did the cleanse. I am so ready to find the joy and simplicity in the next phase of this cleanse.


Taking a deep breath and about to just reboot and start again...ahhhhhhhhhhh. As always, I am 100% honest and hope that the honesty of my struggles inspire others to push forward as well.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey there--just wondering what you will do for salad dressings on your new cleanse? Thanks!

RawFitMama said...

Lisa- I will be using Kristen's Tahini Cayenne dressing with some dulse in it. And plain ol lemon juice and sea salt. I think if I have an avocado with my salad then I will stick to just lemon juice. But if it's a salad with tons of veggies, I will have my tahini dressing. :) Thanks for stopping by

virginia said...

Good job .keep up the good work.

ChocolateOrchid said...

Hi RawFitMama!
Thanks for sharing your journey! You are inspirational!

Kristen's Raw said...

Sorry about your tummy issues - ARGH!!!

Reboot and start again... isn't that awesome that we can do that? I love it!

I love you!!! Take care :)

Aimee (bitt) said...

i'm just catching up now that I realized you are back. I can understand your issues with 100% raw. It does feel better but it's more practical to be high raw. And feels less rigid. I think I eat a bit of cooked food now and again just to prove to myself I can. But I do get panicked if I don't have enzymes, I know all about this icky tummy aches.

Elements for Life said...

love your before and after pics!!! so awesome. congrats.

raw food said...

The tips on raw food which you mentioned here are great.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin