Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm back!!!

sOh my goddess I thought the sun would neva shine here on the East Coast. I have been sooooooo busy. I know people say that when a raw fooder/exerciser doesn't post, it's because they fell off some invisible wagon. Well, let me tell ya folks I haven't fallen off anything. As a matter of fact, I really need to get on here and do some serious updating to my recommended blogs and photos...all kinds of stuff.

So what have I been up to?? ok... I feel like I opened Pandora's Cooked Vegan box when I started eating cooked again. OUCH. I felt a little like crap too. I think b/c I had been 100% for so long and was kinda bored, not impressed with my muscle definition etc that I thought of cooked foods. One of my lovely readers told me in an email that she could "see it coming" for months. I guess I did too. Well, the grass ain't always greeener on the other side!! I know that eating an 80%-100% raw diet is optimal for our health and that 80% in my opinion is kinda all you need for true health if the other 20% is real food and not lab made chemical shit balls. Long story short, I'm back 100%. About 6-7 weeks of cooked gluten free at some points, soy free at others..etc, I still felt shitty. 2 days back on my green smoothies and it was heaven. So, the lesson I learned from all of this is that whatever I was searching for I am not anymore! I love raw food and I love being raw. I am not eager to go back to 75 ingredient recipes, but I like to keep it simple and delicious like my lovely friend Kristen does. (And BTW for the reader who emailed me and thanked me for sharing Kristen's info here...NO PROBLEM!) She is the real deal. She is one of the first people I consult when I make changes along my journey. Her spirit is amazing and she is truly a gift in this movement. I am soooo lucky to know her ;--)

About the gym.... still going strong. Loving it of course. I've been doing a bit more bodyweight stuff and I actually am starting yet again my early morning routine at the gym or using my myriad of at home DVDs starting tomorrow. Kennedy is out of school for the next few weeks and she enjoys going to the gym, but I don't her to be there long. So if my workout is done I can just go sit in the sauna and read my schoolwork!!!! This week I am a bit beyond in 2 workouts because I have been so exhausted, but I will be going late tonite and tomorrow morning again with Kennedy. I've also been playing the Wii fit a bit more. I'm telling you as the sun shines out here now on the East Coast, I feel a clouded weight lifting off my shoulders. I can breathe again.

My raw food intake has changed a bit from before cooked. Well, let me say what happened on my "cooked experiment". Grains and I do NOT agree. I felt groggy everyday, super fatigued and when I ate soy (cheese, tempeh, seitan, etc)... I was sooooooooo congested. I'm serious. I could hardly breathe. I got a massage and my head felt like it would explode. There was so much sinus pressure, it was ridiculous. I am having NONE of those problems anymore. Quinoa is great steamed, but it left me with heartburn every time I ate it!! Every time!

Now back on raw I'm getting in plenty of green smoothies....fresh favorite of all times (kale salad) and some yummy Dr. Cow Cheese. I have a new love affair with tahini and am going to buy Kristen's Easy Vegan Salad Dressings recipe book . I love all of the dressings that she has made that I've tried. In the beginning of my raw journey, I wasted so much money and time trying to make raw dressings, that I quit and only still use lemon, but once I started trying her dressings....I'm NOT kidding, I redefined my thoughts about raw dressings being only olive oil and apple cider vinegar.

So, I am hopefully gonna be back to regular posting, well at least a few a week and hope that I can continue to encourage others along this path. I am truly convinced now more than ever, that anyone can find a way to make raw food work for them.


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin