Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fitness and Revelations Take 2

Okay...so I'm still pissed off and mad as hell getting over losing my post earlier. I would love to say I'll put as much effort into this one, but I SO won't. Sorry...that's just my mood right now.

For the people that continue to find it necessary to email me about not being 100%--- lay off....seriously. I believe in clean, VEGAN, nutrition. For ME being 100% raw with the $1000/month grocery bill and 20 ingredient crackers/pizzas wasn't working for me. I'd rather lightly steamed veggies and sweet potatoes. I'm not offended that you unsubscribed or don't agree with my choices, but don't harass me either. Funny enough, earlier when I typed this out, I was much nicer! Oh well...that's the truth about how I am feeling.

As promised...here is the fitness routine I've been following. I'll post more on fitness regularly, but briefly because I'm pissed I have to type it over here is the routine I'm doing for the next 4 weeks from Oxygen Magazine. This comes from an issue years and years ago.

I warm up for about 10-15 light minutes on the crosstrainer or the treddy.

1. DB squats 
2. One arm row 
3. Romainian DeadLift (stiff legged) 
4. Incline DB Press 
5. Sumo Squats 
6. Seated shoulder Press 
7. Lunges with Glute lift 
8. Overhead tricep extension 
9. Seated Bicep Curls 

Sometimes on the last set, I will do a drop set. To me there is nothing like lifting weights. You can't spot reduce fat, but you can spot "build" or sculpt your body with weights. Or as we call em "iron pills". I will be certified as a trainer within a month. I know this is a great direction for me. It allows me to combine what I do and love best with what I truly know. I understand weight loss and the mental anguish that comes with losing motivation, having no one who believes or supports you, struggling financially, and having a million things going on in your life that you feel are preventing you from taking care of yourself. The "tomorrow" will NEVER come. If you ever say to yourself, "I will stop eating ice cream tomorrow" you have lost the battle.

Start NOW. Start at home. Stop reading this and do 5 pushups on your knees and 10 jumping jacks. Just do SOMETHING to flip a switch in your brain and start becoming a new person. A better person. The highest version of yourself. The only way to truly have change happen is to DO IT. If you keep waiting on someone else to join you...you've LOST THE BATTLE. If you are waiting for your boyfriend/partner to want to eat healthy, or until after the 4th of July or until AFTER summer vacation...you've ... say it with me... LOST-THE-BATTLE. And trust me, there are plenty more important battles to fight.

Here are some youtube clips of my favorite favorite people in fitness. Before I put the clips on here, I actually had someone tell me today that should never refer to other fitness professionals or trainers because people won't hire me or consult with me. My response was simple: I was put here to plant and water the seeds of success and motivation for people (esp moms) to live a fit and healthy life. I will do whatever it takes to help people get there. I do have to make a living, but I won't do it in fear. I am here and writing this blog to SUPPORT, EDUCATE, INFORM and INSPIRE. I certainly hope that it is.

Here are the clips!

Zuzanna  is one of the most inspiring women in fitness to me! She is lean and fit and firm and not afraid of muscles. Neither am I. I highly suggest you follow along with her FREE workouts if you are short on time or can only workout at home. Below is one of my favorite workouts of hers.



If you can look at her and not see how SICK AWESOME she is...I don't know what to say :)




Holly Rigsby of FitYummyMummy is wicked fit. She also has program for working out AT HOME with limited equipment. She is very pregnant right now and still rocking her workouts!

I don't believe in the supplements that they provide, but this series is awesome.

Jennifer Nicole Lee is a mom and has lost about 70 lbs just like me! I wish wish wish I could train with her one day...ahhhhhhh




And lastly, it wouldn't be right if I didn't incorporte the fabulous Jillian Michaels. I love when people call me the Black Jillian. What a freaking compliment!!!!!!! Jillian, like me, is all about getting to the psychology behin WHY you are overweight to begin with. Powerful powerful stuff!.



Okay, I am off to hug my baby gyrl. I'm super sore from a crazy crazy kick ass workout that I did today. Ouchie wouchie! I love it though!

See ya tomorrow. I'm getting Kay early and we are heading to D.C. to visit allllllllllllllllll the monuments and hope to sneak and see Barack or Michele going to and fro!

Weights & Veggies,
Jayna'

6 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Sorry to read that you're getting silly emails about "your" decision.

Much respect to ya! And thanks a bunch for the pep talk! I needed it.

Peace,
ChocolateOrchid

jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenn said...

Haha- just found your blog and I like it!
I'm feeling the same way today. I've been doing just raw vegan , but I am really sick with a throat allergy and rash that I must have got from a mango or avocado or something. :(
So I had a bowl of quinoa vegan soup today, and omg it was good. And a sweet potato and lightly steamed veggies sounds good, too!

VeganFitMama said...

Chocolate- Thanks gyrl. It's so weird, but hey.... :)

Jenn- good for you! Be in control and in power of your choices...if the community is making you feel pressured...slow down and ask Jenn what's best for her. Quinoa soup sounds delicious!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey veganfitmama, no disrespect here for switching to cooked food. I was raw for 6 months in 2008 (in fact you were one of my inspirations!) but then got so sick in the stomach and suffered from painful digestion for a couple months so I made a slow transition to grains. The moment I ate my first bowl of rice, I immediately felt relieved and the rawness faded away slowly. It's not like I regret the raw diet, in fact, it was one of the best decisions I ever made and I think everyone should do raw foodism for a bit. I'll be indebted to the diet for introducing such goodness as raw fruits and vegetables (and kimchi!) into my body long enough for it to start developing cravings for healthier food. I'll also be forever grateful for giving me more energy and teaching me about food pairing principles, and the healing properties of foods. But it's not a diet you can live on for the rest of your life. Yes, an incredible amount of awareness comes from it, but there's more things in life to discover besides food! If we could attain total enlightenment and fulfillment as a human beings by closing our eyes and concentrating all our God-given energy on what we put in our lunchboxes, we'd make for a pretty boring people. And raw foodism does get boring. Maybe you don't agree with me-- I certainly don't wring my hands over what I'm going to eat that conforms to the expectations of a quasi- religion out there-- but I just wanted to say don't feel guilty- it's good to celebrate your freedom from youthful bonds of idealism upon turning 30. Congrats veganfitmama!

Anonymous said...

veganfitmama, what a highly inspiring blog entry! I am on a year long weight loss journey and your words of encouragement touched me deeply. Thank you.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin