Sunday, June 20, 2010

What I've Been Up To..

First of all....thank you so much for the love and support coming back to blogging. It's weird because you wonder if anyone will ever care or if you should just keep it to yourself. I chose to restart the blog because I hope it helps someone find or continue on the road to a BALANCED, healthy life with diet and exercise. So, thanks thanks thanks for the warm welcome back.




Now..on to the important news. I have been (exhale) consumed with caring for my princess. Kennedy began to get sick about 6 months ago. It progressively got worse. We did a myriad of tests and they discovered a rare brain abnormality. She also did tests for her spinal cord. She will be having brain and spine surgery on July 21st of this year.

I would appreciate all of the prayers and thoughts you can muster up. Her blog (which I will update soon) is www.kennedyschiari.blogspot.com. You can email her at kennedychiari@gmail.com. She loves to get emails especially those ecards! It is pronounced KEY-are-EE. I CAN't underline the links while doing this post, but I will be sure to add the direct hyperlinks later or tomorrow.

Some days are rough...some are perfect. She is a sweet little girl who deserves nothing but the best. As you can imagine, life has been a bit stressful. What one of the gifts of this condition and surgical procedure is that it forces me to pay attention to what is important.

Therefore:

*I took a leave of absence from work---still figuring out money stuff

*I took a leave from school--- cried for two weeks straight about this one.


*Realized who my true friends were---some people stopped calling as if it were too much foe them to handle. They stopped inviting us to stuff because she was sick so often they just crossed us off their list.

However, in spite of all of this I am still so grateful. Grateful that we found it in time before it did more damage to her spine. Grateful that I am healthy enough to truly take care of her. Grateful that her neurosurgein is one of the best. Just grateful for today.

So, if you have kids, neices\nephews, grandkids or neigjbors...hug em tight.

Next blog: all about fitness!!! I can't wait to share what I've been up to and what's coming next!

- Posted by Vegan Fit Mama

5 comments:

bitt of raw said...

I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's illness. Sounds like you have your priorities straight. I can relate to having to cut back as I have done that with my own health issues. Some friends are not there through thick and thin--but I've managed to make new friends and that was a blessing. Hugs to you all...praying for Kennedy and for strength for you.

Tamikko said...

You are truly a strong and beautiful being with a brand new world opening up for you. I believe you've been given a unique life that you may not feel ready for but I you'll find your way. I'm extra happy you've chosen to keep your blog because the help you need will come.
Many blessings to you all.

Anonymous said...

Your beautiful family is in our prayers. May God continue to bless you and have His loving arms around your little angel. She is a beauty with a cutie pie smile! (Tanisha)

jessica said...

sending you healing blessings, loving light. may health and love surround & embrace both of you.
hugs,
~jessica

VeganFitMama said...

Bitt/Jess/Tanisha/Tammiko- Thank you all so much. It is such a difficult time, but I am pulling through and being strong for my precious girl. Being a single mom as I go through this makes it exceptionally difficult, but will make me that much stronger later on.

Straight ahead!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin