Thursday, December 16, 2010

15 Days Left--Come on. 5 Down, 5 to Go!

Hey!!!! Now that life is getting back to "normal", I have been missing posting my food and menus. Just to show you all how it has all changed in my world.

One of my lovely readers asked me by email recently if I was still raw. What's funny is that YES I consider myself raw and always will. Even my licence plate says so ;-P I don't do percentages or anything like that. It's more a focus of what food is derived from nature vs what is man made. Everyday I try to have some semblance of a green smoothie even if it's just a few leaves and one banana. For the most part, I am NOT juicing right now, but get in at least 2 juices a week. I would do more if I could afford the produce.

My menus are looking like this right now:

B: Gluten Free steel cut or rolled oats with canned organic (or non) pumpkin--no sugar added--with cinnamon and flaxseeds. 1 banana huge mug of tea
S: green smoothie
L: Salad (any green...mainly kale) with chickpeas/black beans/nutritional yeast/ any veggie I can find thrown in with quinoa on top OR a brown rice wrap wtih tons of crap thrown in
S: fruit/ green smoothie
D: stir fry....thai takeout...indian takeout....a ton of new stuff. I've been playing with ideas from my brand new cookbook! ------->Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan RecipesAppetite for Reduction

Oh me oh my. First of all...I love Isa. I love everything she has ever put out! But I really love this one because it is my EXACT style of eating. I just throw in some green smoothies and juice...few superfoods and I feel balanced.  That's what it's all about --feeling good-. I don't want to be a person playing into the "women must be thinner at all cost" craze. It's ridiculous. If you get nothing else from this blog, get that every one's body is different and our ideas of beautiful are different as well. Check her awesome blog out --->The Post Punk Kitchen. She is the real deal. I have three of her six cookbooks. I thought it best to stay away from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World and Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. they aren't GF--althought I can translate most any recipe into a GF version!

I am only 5'0"....so my ideal weight shouldn't be the same for someone 5'4" or 5'7". I want my body to feel whole and strong. The winter that I was 100% raw I spent a FORTUNE. I truly did. I enjoyed every meal and wouldn't take it back, but I wouldn't do it again either. Every time I sit to have a hot bowl of vegan curry lentil soup, my soul starts warming up. The other nite I sat in front of my space heater with a bowl of my mexican bean chili and thought to myself "This is what life is all about" :) When I was 100% raw, I saw cooked food as the enemy almost. That's just not healthy thinking to me. It's okay if you wanna be all raw, but NO healthy food is the enemy. If anything processed food is the enemy!

Enough of my high horse....today I went to the gym for cardio. Ahhhh like riding a bike. I'm not spending anymore time worrying about shoulda, woulda, and couldas. It's all about RIGHT NOWS. I am working to take those words out of my vocabulary. They are truly unnecessary. I ran into a dear friend whom I haven't seen in 7 months -since stopping going- we cried together right there on the treadmill. It was one of those rarely authentic, genuine moments when two souls meet. I am so happy to be back working out. My quads feel like they are gonna pop off and become fruit roll ups. But Imma push through it...5 lbs to go before Dec 31st. Nothing will stop me now!

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin