Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Burning Fears...



Last nite Kennedy begged to go and play and I decided having an hour to read wasn't such a bad idea...even if it was FREEZING outside! So while she played, I read a book and drank a quart of green juice.

This morning was a bit slow. I was kinda unprepared. I didn't ground myself and everything was so thrown off! Geezey peasey! Anywho, I got Kay off to school. She has been having headaches again :( and I have been doctoring her and praying over her. Much of my energy is consumed with her health and well being.

After dropping her at school, I headed to the gym. My morning green smoothie hasn't dissappointed me yet!
A lovely reader wrote me to ask me to speak more about "burning fears"...

When we don't live the life we imagine for the highest version of ourselves it is usually rooted in fear. Here is a quote that I absolutely love by FDR:

The only thing we have to fear is fear it'self - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified, terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."



---- FDR - First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933


Along the journey of my life, I have seen some muddy waters. I have cried deep gut-wrenching tears from my soul. I have been on my knees begging god to tell me "why"... I know a great deal about fear. A great deal about loss. A great deal about pain. And a great deal about despair. But, in reading, journaling, creative expression, dance...I found my way. My voice. My power.
 
This blog's mission from Day 1 has been to educate, motivate, and inspire. If I reach only one person, my mission has been fufilled.I know that some people have every single part of their lives in order and I applaud them. However, I am not one of them. I have fallen on my face more times than I care to count, but it's always been what I've done right after that that has determined what kind of woman I've evolved into. Life is messy...rarely goes as I "plan", but I'm here standing. STRONG and I want you to be too.

 I would love to share with you all the books, websites, rituals, and processes that helped me to climb through my "dark night of the soul" and into the light.
  













More so than anything, it was my personal determination NOT to give up. NOT to stop trying. And you tell yourself that being DETERMINED is all you need to be. Be very clear with the universe about what you desire...what you want...what you wish for and all will be yours. No matter what you are going through or have gone through, just KNOW that magic awaits you. "All that you seek is also seeking you" and it isn't something unknown. It already is you...you just need to come home unto yourself.<----sorry if I'm getting too deep on ya, but I am sooooooooo passionate about this topic.

So if you want to officially "burn" some fears away here is a ritual that may help you. Remember, you can change this to accommodate you, but I warn you...this is a very powerful exercise and if you cleanse your heart via mediation/prayer/chanting/sage beforehand it will be especially explosive. 

Here goes...

Get a bowl and fill 1/3 the way with sand....
Get a white taper candle (and holder)...
Get sage and a lighter/matches...
Get 2 pieces of paper; 1 for writing what you want to burn away and another for writing what you want to attract
Get a pencil

Start by using sage to release any tension or stuck energy in your home or space where you do the ceremony. Make certain to smudge yourself....spend a few minutes in prayer/mediation...allow any and all feelings to arise.

Afterwards light the "fear slip" and as it engulfs in flames, set it to burn away in the bowl of sand
Then burn the "intention slip" with all the things you want to welcome into your life. By setting the intention to the universe and letting it go, it is now waiting to be yours. Close the ritual by calling on the goddess warrior survivors before you to lend their strength. End in silence. 

Let me say....this is what I do. I hope it helps anyone interested. Take what you like and leave the rest if need be. Just have a strong desire to be the best, strongest, most amazing version of yourself--no one else and genuine happiness awaits you.

I"ll be back later with my raw/cooked real story that I've never fully shared.....ohhhhh ahhhhhhh 

2 comments:

Lina40 said...

I had a strong desire on Tuesday to burn some sage - I went to the store for something else and I stood staring at the smudge sticks/ incense section for at least 10 minutes after which I decided - this is not what I came for...

But it is what I needed though. Thanks for this wonderful post. I will be going back to get the sage tonite and do the ritual. I love that WoodWick candle you have in the pic ;)
Blessings,
Lina
ps - can you tell me/us more about the rice therapy bucket your daughter is sitting in? That actually looks really cool - am thinking of making one for my toddler.

VeganFitMama said...

Lina- You rock first of all! You go girl...when you buy your sage lemme know how it goes for you.

The candles? I love em too. They were the best christmas present ever.

The rice bucket was sensory for my daughter. Your toddler would love it! I got a huge bin from Target and 80 lbs of rice from Wal Mart (I think each bag was 40 lbs each) and dumped it in. I let her sit in and color, read, play...she would crunch away at the rice and feel really soothed. I'd also put cold toys from the freezer in there for her to "find". Hope it helps!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin