Monday, January 17, 2011

What To Do When You Don't FEEL Like Exercising

I'm sure at this point I sound like a preacher, but we are so lucky to have the bodies that we do. Even if we are unhealthy and overweight. Every day....every moment is another opportunity to turn it all around. DON'T YOU GET THAT?!?!??!?!? You can be, do, and have anything that you want. You just have to know what you want and know what you don't want.

Let's get started. You all know I am obsessed with fitness professionals. One of my favorites Jennifer Nicole Lee

She talks a lot about not asking whether you want to do something or not, just do it. Like dressing the kids and bringing them to school. You can be dog tired, but you HAVE to do it. Treat your fitness and plant based diet like a blessing and not a chore. I am fortunate enough to say that I truly do love working out. I love cooking healthy food and I love to feel good. Looking good is merely a by-product of it all. I will be doing this workout on Thursday of this week!

I was talking to a friend today in the gym about eating disorders. I really believe that there can be a thin line between healthy and disordered eating patterns and disordered exercise patterns. I see people everyday in the gym that do 2+ hours of cardio per day and weights...classes..the sauna. I think...geez...they are so skinny...truly skinny. I am fit and getting leaner (losing my 2010 stress weight gain) but I am strong...I eat carbs and I make dessert. Life is delicious and meant to be enjoyed, not obsessed over.

So, I beg you. If you are one of the people that are desperate for a change. Desperate for a difference in your body and your life---start right now by realizing that the answer is consistency and patience. It took me 8 months to gain those 25 lbs and I told myself that I have 4-5 to take it off. So far I am 13 pounds down and still having dessert and eating out. I will not become a slave to calories or exercise schedules and I don't want that for you. Write it down. Plan it out. Maybe journal your food, but don't obsess. Please.

I'm off to clean up and get gas! Then head to the gym for spinning tonite!

3 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Great inspiration! Definitely can't put too much thought into working out. Let's git it!!

Jon Gilchrist said...

I like that...so very true!

VeganFitMama said...

Choc- Let's get it! I can't think about it either. I love it mainly (about 90% of the time) but the rest. I gotta just do it!

Jon- Welcome! yes ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh so true

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin