Friday, April 8, 2011

SARK's Writing Contest, Kris Carr, Raw Food, etc!

It is Autism Awareness Month so I have been busy (more on that in the next post), but I wanted to mention (last minute I know) SARK's Word Contest! As a budding writer and lover of all things SARK, I urge you to stretch your creative mind muscles and enter the contest. It is super easy. You just read the entire page and come up with a title of a book using five words on that page! I won't tell you mind, but I will tell you it took me 20 minutes, a quart of green smoothie, and a larabar to figure it out! I am proud of my selection! Contest ends today so check it out!!

Kris Carr's awesome site of information and inspiration at Crazy Sexy Life never fails to inspire me. Sometimes I wish I had more "internet browsing time" to spend there like I used to back in the day, but when I do make time, I never run out of ways to be inspired by this woman. Truly. She is the REAL dealio and is a magnetic ball of energy. I was one of the first people to learn about her amazing forum way back when.

I have been a fan and follower since she stepped out with her Crazy Sexy Cancer documentary that I watch at least 6-10 times a year. When I met her in person (as I wrote about earlier this year), I was so in awe of her dynamic presence. She has a few events coming up in April. None of which it seems I can attend...well, Maybeeeee one of em...hmmm

Kris Carr's April Schedule- No I'm not her assistant :) I just wanna spread the info. If you are around, I promise you it won't be a disappointment to hear this woman speak.

 Monkey Mind Challenge  I am JUST starting the challenge today. In 2011, I have been wiping away all illusions of perfection. So this is perfectly fine for me to start 13 days into it! Any takers? You don't have to join CSL, just start meditating or as Dhrumil taught me years ago falling still.

Crazy Sexy MeditationWhen: Started Sunday, March 27 for 21 days

                                          Where: Crazy Sexy Meditation Group, My Crazy Sexy Life
We're heading into our second week of our 21-day meditation challenge. We'll be posting our second giveaway on Monday so be sure to join in here. In case you missed it, I posted an excerpt from Crazy Sexy Diet sharing my tips for creating a sacred space in the Getting Started discussion. Share a photo of your altar here.


Urban Zen Sustainable Wellness
Date: April 14                                              urban zen

Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.

Location: Urban Zen, 711 Greenwich Street, NYC

Tickets: $75
Join me April 14 for Urban Zen's Conversations on Sustainable Wellness led by Dr. Frank Lipman. I will be speaking along with Dr. Christiane Northrup on how to triumph over illness, cultivate wellness and master sustainable living. We'll be answering your questions from twitter! Just tweet them to @urban_zen on April 14. The event will also be streaming live for those who can't make it to NYC. Tune in at livestream.com. Buy your tickets for the live event in NYC here.


OMG! Cancer Summit                                  
                                                                                              omg summit
Date: April 16-17

Time: All day; exact times listed here

Location: The Altman Building, 135 West 18th Street, NYC

Tickets: Free, but you must register. Only a few spots left or sign up for the waiting list.
On April 17 in the morning, I'll be speaking in NYC at the 4th Annual OMG! Cancer Summit for young adults. This is a major international oncology conference and social networking event for young adults affected by all cancers, as well as for their caregivers and providers. Tickets are free but limited, and you must register here.
 
Onto raw food...been craving it. Been wanting mega green smoothies and dreaming of juicing and crunchy crisp salads...whoa! It isn't exactly warm on the East Coast (today's HIGH is a rainy 45 degrees), but I guess my body is use to the change in season and is craving more raw food. I have been cooking a ton lately and am feeling the itch to make more raw recipes!!!  I have been sent a new amazing looking raw food cookbook to review. I will make a few dishes this weekend and report back. Has anyone else been wanting more raw food??? Is this just me?? I haven't eaten my protein oatmeal in a while and all I want in the morning is a green smoothie with almond milk, spirulina, flaxseeds (ground), etc. Yummmm. Granted it's a HUGE smoothie, it's a smoothie nonetheless.
Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Milk, Unsweetened Vanilla, 32-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)I am back to running after unfortunate knee/pine cone/bad ass 3 year old incident. It feels good to run again. There aren't many races for me to enter at this point (shorter distance 5K, 10K, etc) so I decided to start running my own treadmill races!!!!!!!! This week I have completed 3- 5Ks. I will have an entire post coming up about my dedication to running. As an uninsured American properly rehabbing my knee was a no-go. So WHAT does a gyrl do??? They turn to youtube aka America's new Visual Encyclopedia. So, we shall see how ye ol' knee holds up.

Okay, it's raining and cold. I have to get Kennedy in a few hours. I have to let this food digest and hit the gym. Tonite is movie nite with Kennedy and I HAVE to be ready ;)

4 comments:

eryn said...

HI There
Im contacting you as I was drawn to yor bio on another site. I had 30 days raw under my belt, when I woke up from a nap sick with the idea of eating a single thing raw.... I literally wanted to vomit if I thought about even an apple. My body screamed at me to eat bread...and so I did and immediately felt better. So many people say that 100% is the only way to go... I felt like a total failure, and wish to hear some experiences from people who have gone 100% over time... experimented and worked their way into it slowly. Thanks for anytime you might have.
Namaste
barrhavenyoga@gmail.com

Lina40 said...

wow -- i like the treadmill 5k ideas -- is there a monthly goal of races you would like to achieve? I am thinking of at the very least, doing the couch to 5k the first month, and then have a monthly 5k goal. Glad to see you are back! I am going to get the appetite for reduction book soon, but yes i have been craving green smoothies and fruit as well.

ChocolateOrchid said...

Hey Lady! Glad to hear all is well. You are gettting it in on the treadmill.

Wish I was NYC to go to the Urban Zen event. Or for that matter, there just to vacation & site-see. Lol.

Can't wait to hear about running. I've recently started training for a 10K in July so I'm taking in all the advice I can get.

Jayna' said...

@ eryn, lina, choc- I just typed forEVER and blogger deleted my responses to you. Can we say pissed off???

I'll be blogging about running/the treadmill 5k, easing into raw/returning to raw in a few post this weekend starting tonite.

Sorry I couldn't type a more detailed response again, but I'm about ready to throw the comp out the window.

See ya on the blog later!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin