Monday, May 30, 2011

Sorry I've Been MIA, but I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!



I can't express how much this means to me. Kennedy has been so ill for so long and SO many people told me that I would never finish...never be able to follow my dreams...never this or never that. They said the same thing about her: she will never talk, she'll never walk again, she won't live to be 12...yet, here we both are kicking and strong. The day after I was done (Saturday) she woke me and had prepared a beautiful picnic in her room complete with bowls of GF cereal, grapes, and cups of coconut milk. I was crying buckets full. I told her how much she means to me and that I would do it all over again if it meant having her as my daughter.


OMGoddess! I am jumping for joy right now. Singing louder in the shower. Extra pep in my step!


I am done. D.O.N.E. I have my second Master's degree in Psych. Oh yea oh yea. For the past two to three weeks I have had my blinders on and into research, running my house, taking care of Kennedy and getting it all together.

During the last 10 or so days...my diet was horrible. GF waffles at midnite while laboring over hundreds of research articles...cookies in the car (when it broke down- more on that later)...skipped the gym due to crazy exhaustion, but it doesn't matter because I am done and free!!!!!!!!!

With all of that said..it's on to the next one! My personal training exam is in 10 days!!!!!!! Gasp. Wish me luck. I'll be studying like a crazy person, but it will be easily doable compared to 45 page papers and such.

Just wanted to let my posse know that I am alive and well and about to embark on a full-on "Extreme Self-Care" plan from June 1-June 14. (Anyone with me???) Starting Wednesday! That's 2 weeks of extreme self-care, loving kindness, etc. YES I show myself extreme self-care daily, but this will be a detox, life-tox, love-tox. Kennedy has school until June 10th so I can only go to my favorite gym (no daycare) until then. I am going to blog about details of each day (exercise, food, mood, techniques). Now that hundreds of papers aren't looming over my head, I feel free to blog daily! OH yea!!! cuz I have soooooooo many ideas. I am so excited!

I have a plan to be :
  • 100% raw during those two weeks
  • exercising daily
  • skin brushing
  • drinking juice
  • drinking tons of green smoothies (with chia seeds to bulk them up)
  • doing yoga daily (even if for 5-15 minutes)
  • journaling twice daily
  • meditating twice daily
  • abstaining from watching tv (except on Tuesday)
  • reading to sleep
People ask me all the time how I do it all being a super single mom of a kiddo with special needs. I make the most of my time and of every opportunity I have. I also don't dwell and wallow in self-pity. NO "why me?" attitude about anything. I dont' compare myself (or my budget, or grocery bill) to two-income households. I canNOT afford a cabinet full of superfoods and every raw treat known to man. I live vicariously through those who can and I feel blessed to have the knowledge that I do about raw foods. I only see through my own eyes and I don't worry about what anyone is doing other than myself.

My aim is to be the best version of ME that I can be everyday...

(I totally have to stop giving my blog address to local strangers. The weirdest thing happened to me the other day when I did it. NOTE TO SELF).

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin