Sunday, September 11, 2011

Exercise, Eats, and I found YOU a FREE PERSONAL TRAINER!!!!!!!

The secret is at the bottom so keep reading :)

Today was so insane. I had so much to do. Kennedy has been out of school since Wednesday and I haven't gotten anything done around the house. Without water it is difficult to survive! My heart goes out to those still displaced and trying to make sense of their flooded homes.

Anywho, I did Kennedy's lovely hair (can we say an hour and a half) and then we geared up for the store. I have my menu all mapped out for the week (not sure what day we will eat what on yet), but shopped for all the veggies and school snacks.

Today I did a ton of cooking from (gee guess what) Appetite for Reduction ! You wanna eat plant-based and low-fat that's where to go. Fa real. That brings me to my first point:

EATS !

I have finally, finally, finally, finally found the way of eating that makes 100% sense to me! I am dead damn kinda broke, so I make due with what I have but, the 100% solution for me is:  LOW-FAT PLANT-BASED VEGAN! That's right. NO processed:
  • cereal
  • GF waffles
  • GF bread (making my own)
  • candies
  • pies
  • ice creams
  • etc.
The best thing is that I still eat all of those things! I just make them myself thereby bypassing the processed end of things. This is the diet I will die eating. When I was 100% raw I loved it and felt amazing, but honestly I kinda craved hot soup... rice...etc. I felt like it made me a total loser sellout to go back eating cooked food after so long eating raw. But here is where I found the SECRET that I want to share with you...

  
The benefits of eating raw is more about what you leave out, than what you add in =D>

Whoa! I know someone out there is shaking their head saying, "Oh no! She is wrong" And you are okay to say that. I am telling those who have been where I have been, that it's okay. Cooked food is OKAY. :)

Are there a myriad of benefits to raw food??? Duh! But, the truth is that the "so long as it's raw" myth is just that...a myth. I came into the movement believing pie for breakfast and pizza for dinner was the best thing ever. Didn't take me long before I was surviving and NOT thriving on raw.

Every one that I know personally who was heavy in the movement as a 100% raw person isn't anymore. With the exception of Angela and Matt . For me, it makes more sense to eat slightly seasonally, locally when possible, sustainably, and simply. The last word changes it all.

SIMPLE. Don't you want a lifestyle that's simple? I sure do. I don't want to spend my time so obsessed with whether something is raw (oh no it has maple syrup, I can't eat that!) and take my precious time away from doing something important in the world . This leads me to my final point...

I FOUND A FREE PERSONAL TRAINER FOR MY READERS (however few there are :)) )....that trainer is....
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right...it's M-E. Jayna' (pronounced Jah-Nay) I am so excited to bring this to you all. I have a few loyal readers who have been checking in with me and I just wanna take a second and say thank you.

As the blog continues and grows (as I made a commitment to blog daily now), you will get to see exactly how strenuous my life and schedule really is. As a single mom of a kiddo with special needs...stuff gets tight. I am super broke and have been unemployed since last June (2010) right before Kennedy's brain surgery. Most companies LOVE me, but don't want to hire me with a sick kiddo. Well, God has been helping me make a way and I've cut tons of corners (doing a post about budgeting this week)...so I want to give back.

I am super busy studying for the crazzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy GRE, but will take on 3 clients per month. I will be getting started with applications in October and will start the training on or about November 1st! How awesome is this?

If you wanna be trained/coached by me all you have to do is subject a short essay. I will post the question later. So as not to occupy this blog with all of that (all the time) I created another blog where you can check me out then. There is NOTHING on the site now, but if you wanna bookmark it for later it's Coach Jayna'. And don't worry, if you aren't one of the three I choose per month...drumroll...I'm going to be posting vlogs, and youtube videos!!!! Complete with exercises and full workout videos! Yep...that's right! I am so happy to bring this out!

I have 9 years of Psychology training and I want to help women tie the mental and the physical aspects of this journey together. This free training/coaching will be for women who cannot afford training.

I know what is like to be at the end of your rope with nowhere to turn...no money...and no motivation. I'll have a "donate" button on the site and hopefully people will be inspired to give. I will accept donations (as small as $1.00 :) )most of which I'd like to funnel back into the site.

My style will be:
  • At-home workouts
  • Done in 45 or less (mainly less)
  • Recipes, menus of 100% plant-based vegan food on a budget

As the time draws nearer I will be giving TONS of information about changes to the site, videos, etc. I do ultimately want to use my personal training certification (exam this Friday) to earn income, but for now I am compelled to do this. I had a "friend" tell me that I had a poverty conscious and I enjoy being poor...that I had no business sense...etc. I was hurt by her words, but didn't take it personally. Yes I grew up in extreme poverty-extreme- but I don't fear money.I simply see a void..and I want to fill it.

Buddha said "give the very thing you want".
So here I am.

Enjoy....

P.S. I don't really get that many comments, so anyone out there want to tell me what they'd like to see on that site? Or this one? Questions?

Up next on the blog:
  • Inspiring youtube at-home fitness videos to get you started
  • Inspiring weight loss stories of plant-based vegans
  • Trailer of Fork Over Knives

5 comments:

Rosie. said...

Congrats Jayna! That is such exciting news!! I'm really looking forward to this new part of your journey. I have a background in psychology and am also leaning towards doing something fitness based. Maybe something that uses training as the basis for treatment of depression and anxiety. So I'm super excited to for you! I've been reading your blog for ages now all the way from Australia. Keep up the good work.
Xxxxx

Candice said...

That's awesome! I'd love to see lots of body-weight exercises. I get bored with the free weights sometimes, and it's nice to have things I can do on the road.

BTW-I know several people who are thriving on years of 100% raw (though I don't think they're at the level of obsessing over a bit of maple syrup) BUT none of them push 100% raw for anyone else. That's what works for them. That doesn't mean it's right for everyone.

sesamebutterfly said...

Hi Jayna'! Just wanted to say congrats to you and that I am very excited about your announcement! I have been following your blog for a long time now and find you to be a very real, and therefore very inspirational person. I too started on a 100% raw food diet and loved the way I felt on raw foods. But it was difficult to continue on that kind of diet for me for various reasons. I'd love your input on how to do this plant-based eating as inexpensively as possible. Good luck on your journey!! :)

bitt said...

I am in the same place with diet. it is easier for me to cook up a plate of beans and cooked veggies than a more complex raw entree. but i love what raw taught me.

i will spread the word about your personal training, congrats on figuring out something that works for you.

dreambox hd said...

There might be a couple of reasons, first of all is that you burn the calories you're taking in order to lose weight you must burn more calories than you're consuming (to use a little 'more.) If you are not gaining or losing, it risks to burn the same amount of what you are consuming.
dreambox hd

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin