Friday, November 18, 2011

Cleanse Days 2 and 3 Recap. Cooked Food Addiction

 and

Yesterday was crazy and I was unable to get a post up. I did wrap the day up with some meditation and deep journaling.

Here is what the day looks like:
  • Rise without alarm (always did) around 6:30-7am.
  • 16oz water
  • Hot water with lemon
  • Juice (yesterday green today grapefruit)
  • Huge smoothie (1/2 lb spinach, about 3-4 bananas, chia seeds, froz blueberries, and 2 dates
  • Water
  • Another smoothie
  • Another smoothie
  • Tea
  • Water
Daily I have been:
  • Skin brushing/exfoliating
  • Tongue scraping
  • Stretching
  • Journaling
  • Meditating
Okay so today I wanted to eat. Having the normal cleanse thoughts like, "It's not normal NOT to eat. I mean I AM vegan veteran. Geez, whole foods are good for me. I should just end right now and have some of this GF V pizza."

Speaking of which, Kennedy is having a sleepover tonite and I just made a huge batch of homemade GF pizza...oohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyy goddess! Anywho, I realize that the cleanse will have to be shorter than 7 days because I have to actually cook the Thanksgiving dinner before Thursday and will be tasting it, but I am adamant about using December 1-15th for mainly juice (but also smoothies)

So, when will I end this cleanse? Not sure. I thought about ending it today, but I feel too hungry and am afraid I will just overeat because I feel hungry. I need to sit with this feeling of hunger as I think about the famine going on in other parts of the world. When I position my consciousness globally I realize how utterly American and ridiculous my raw vs cooked thoughts can become.

Some civilizations are thriving on rice and beans while working outdoors 10-12 hours a day. And here I am in my centrally heated home with a smoothie complaining...it snaps me back into reality quickly.

Watch this youtube clip about the Somali Refugees Famine HERE.


The Raw vs Cooked debate comes on strong. I have been a part of the raw movement for 7 years now. I have been vegan for over ten. No one led me to the light...my soul searched it out. Read about it my vegan story---> My comp is tripping and won't let me add the link right now :( Sorry!

I am a 100% proponent of a 95% whole foods diet. I know that as I age, I will change that to 100% whole vegan plant-based foods. Cooked or raw to me doesn't truly matter. Let me preface this by saying after years and years of personal research (and watching the lives of many friends) this is what resonates as true for me... I will never eat an animal or their secretions again.

This I know. I will always:
  •  juice
  • do massive green smoothies
  • crazy massive salads
I will NOT do:
  • lots of nuts unless in a raw food gourmet meal every now and then
  • processed vegan convenience foods
  • no soy other than tofu every now and again (love the stuff)
  • be so obsessed with %ages that I forget to savor and enjoy my food
For me food is meant to please...be delicious and wonderful..sometimes sensual. Assigning "good" or "bad" to the food is useless in my mind. The only BAD is animal products for a host of reasons.

I like making my eating time ritualistic (duh..I love rituals- must be the Catholic upbringing :) ). I set my place mat, my centerpiece, my incense, and a candle and give thanks. Then I slowly enjoy the meal. Whether I am alone or dining with Kay or friends.

Gotta love it... Are you raw or cooked? Both? What do you think about cooked food? Cravings?

Off to plan the sleepover! Girls are arriving!

2 comments:

Ms. Harmony said...

Since going vegetarian, vegan, then raw have you experienced any deficiencies in protein, vitamins, minerals? I started following your blog today so if you have addressed this question already please excuse me. Thanks!

Thistlefaery said...

girl you're so awesome! I agree about all of the above, even though I still eat plenty of cooked food now. never ever ever will eat another animal!
also, I've never experienced deficiencies. I've helped/ become more healthy, more vitamins, etc. since being vegan :)

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin