Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pix of Eats and Sunday Cooking

Heyyy Pineapple Poptarts!

I have had a long weekend. Kennedy was off school on Friday and began getting sick. I have opted out of workouts this weekend as I am feeling the beginning of an "itch" in my throat. Ugh. A good nite of sleep
and I will be ready to go.

I have gotten so many emails about eating fruit and eating cooked food. So much so that I will be writing an entire post on it tomorrow. I am sorry if some will find it redundant, but others are struggling. I do not pretend to be an expert on anything, but I have been successfully vegan and into raw for what feels like ever.


Crazy big green ice cream smoothies- using frozen bananas


Big fruit lunches (4 oranges kiwi strawberries blueberries)


Lonely green smoothie in my locker at the boring gym


Ready to go out on the floor!


Soaking strawberries


Soaking blueberries


Omgoddess


And this is ALL the trash it created!


Creamy green smoothie (spinach, blueberries, pineapples)


Fresh pineapple. Only $2.99 rite now! Way more than buying frozen


Juiced all these bad boys today. I have been drinking grapefruit juice every morning with tangerine or orange juice


Marinating mushrooms in hickory smoke and tamari


Fry in marinade


Other mushrooms soaking for marinara


Made lasanga burgers for the week. One day I need to do proper recipes but this is:
-1 c GF oats
-1.5 c black beans
-1.25 c daiya cheese
-oregano, basil, garlic powder
-3/4 c marinara sauce
-mix, shape, bake 375 for 35 minutes


Yummy


So delicious


Chopped pressure cooked apples


In processor...


Applesauce dessert add cinnamon


Meatballs sans meat (brown rice, black beans, garbanzo bean bean flour, all kinds of seasoning)


Add to fire roasted marinara


Take other soaked mushrooms


And minced garlic


Sautee'


Satee' covered


Add marinara


Then add brocolli


Added defrosted frozen spinach ---always add extra veggies to dishes.


Put ot over quinoa and it was so goodddddd


While cooking I grew hungry


Enter : ice banana strawberry- classic


Now I am off to hang with Kennedy and will be getting in bed eay with a book or a movie. Relax time before this big week ahead.

I hope that you are using some of your free time- whether weekend or otherwise- to do things that help your days run more smoothly so that you can focus on what matters: EATING PLANTS!!!!

I love you...

1 comment:

Lina40 said...

something about showing pics of food make it so much more genuine and do-able.
have you thought of composting your food scraps or making a worm bin -- kennedy may like to help out with either and they are both doable in a small home/condo.. I use a composting bin and take it a local CSA farm, but i am thinking of doing a worm bin here at home because its less travel and my son may find it interesting..

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin