Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Hurricane 8 minute Workout and a Crazy Sexy Outing

Hurricane Sandy FRIED my desktop. Now I know Myrtle (yes I named the computer as I do all household aplliances) was 6 years old which is like 300 in technology world, but you all know my deep aversion to buying useless new items simply because commercials tell me that I need to upgrade. NOW I am freaking because I am trying tips from youtube about how to revive my computer.

Well, my ceiling buckled :( and in came Hurricane Sandy's rain...oy. THAT will be fun to deal with tomorrow. However, I am safe and so is Kennedy so all is well here. Thanks for the great emails. I wish I had taken more photos, but I did make 6 pints of green juice, 6 pints of green smoothie and had a stash of larabars going in! PLUS all the food I cooked on Sunday. I am doing great now that it has passed.

I did my Hurricane Sandy 8 Minute BC I-have-to-hurry-up-and-take-care-of-business Workout


  • 50 KB swings
  • 10 Swings, 10 Pushups, 10 Squat Jumps x 5
  • BAM I'm done!
Speaking of Crazy Sexy... yesterday I talked about Kris Carr's new cookbook. Well, even though I preordered on online, I went out in the post Sandy weather to my nearest bookstore to buy a copy! I am entering in to win Dinner with Kris. By preordering it I gained access to her Cooking Classes online and now I will have one to share with friends! 

At first glance it is gorgeous (as all her books are), but the recipes are intense. Lots of spices and things I don't keep on hand which sucks, but then this can be a great resource for me when I do "entertainment" cooking or want to show off. Lots of calls for nuts (cashews, pinenuts) and things like wine, sherry, etc...that I NEVER really use. She more than makes up for it with her and Chad's Mashed Potato with garlic herb buttah recipe and Miso Salad Dressing.

I will need more time to devote to some of these recipes, but at Christmas time I can see me making one or 10 of these! She is just a shiny rockstar and I'll find a way to buy anything she touches--even if it means having two copies :)

I just washed my hair and am under the dryer for a second while Kennedy makes a "secret Halloween potion". We are cuddling and watching a movie and I am turning in early tonite unless I can't resist the draw of Parenthood :) I am wishing everyone a safe and warm nite. Please take a moment for a 2 minute meditation and be so grateful for your home/car/child/love in your life etc.

Hugs,
Jayna'

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin