Saturday, October 27, 2012

Oatmeal and Green Smoothies

It is such a busy time of year for me. Maybe everyone else has a simple da-to-day life, but let me tell you...stuff around here is bananas! Now that I am working full-time I feel like everything has been turned upside down. I just need to get in the flow of things and I will be much better off.                                         

Why is the title "Oatmeal and Green Smoothies", because these two things will take me through the next few weeks while I get organized. I don't really buy oatmeal packs, but I found a really cool one that is hella convenient for me to take and stash at work and keep in the glovebox for emergencies! And I am making about 2-4 quarts of green smoothie per day using almond milk, spinach, and frozen pineapples mostly. Simple, quick, and I make em and take em! Along with other fruit (mostly from Costco), I am trying to get it together.

My trusty mason jars are all I need to get organized with this. I just screw my lids down tightly and I am ready to roll. I don't  listen to lots of talk about blend then immediately drink. I do what I have to do to make things work in MY life.

So...for the next 4 weeks, I will continue getting up early (although  the end of daylight savings time will kill this dream in a week or so) and get my short 20-30 mins treadmill (training for a 5K that I'm running with my daughter), or KBs, or Ashtanga yoga practice. Make my lunch and be out the door. Phew!

Today I got up at 5:20 am to organize stuff. As soon as Kay was up we went ran all the errands. Everything was put away an settled by 10:15 am!!! Now I have to finish the laundry I started last night and get my workout in and STUDY STUDY and WRITE WRITE.

Make sure that if you are feeling overwhelmed that you take a step back get your meditation going and do the "next best thing" you can do to get yourself on track.

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin