Monday, October 29, 2012

Tea Ritual and Hurricane Sandy Prep

Hi there! I'm sipping hot ginger tea and preparing for Hurricane Sandy to make her way to PA. I am having Hurricane Katrina flashbacks right now and trying to remain as calm as possible. Drinking tea always helps to calm me down. There is an inherent calmness to drinking a pipping hot drink. I close my eyes and savor...

Kennedy will be going to her dad's because he has a fireplace and they are expecting the power to be out for 7-10 days. I know this about storms...especially hurricanes...never underestimate them. So I will miss her big time, but will be happy that she is safe and warm. Roasting vegan marshmallows on her dad's fire. 

Yesterday I cooked a ton of food. I wanted to photograph it, but was trying to hurry up. Quickly here is what I made:

  • Indian chickpea kale dish
  • Roasted rosemary potatoes
  • Meatloaf
  • Steamed some fresh broccoli
  • Made a bag of juice (more on that later)
  • Spicy butternut squash chickpea soup (will give the recipe)


This morning I got up and had:

  • water with lime
  • green tea
  • oatmeal with chia seeds
  • ginger tea
  • and will have something yummy later
  • workout complete
  • yoga (before bed)
I also did a really quick workout before going outside on my deck to bring in all my flower pots that were flying around in the wind. 60 mph gusts! I almost blew over...seriously.

I loved this workout and will probably do it all week long (MWF) and throw in 5K training on T/R/S because Kennedy is running a 5K and I really need to train for this dreaded thing :)

In case I don't have power wish me well because I'll be here alone, but know that I will blog as soon as I can! maybe I can even get in a few candlelight workouts! 

Wish me luck :) <3 font="font">

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I will be praying for you and your family's blessed protection and safety. Keep safe and look to hear from you soon. (HUGS)

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin