Friday, November 30, 2012

Up at 5 am




How many of you ate early risers? I have always prided myself on being a "night owl". It is how I got through college and grad school. But as I get older I recognize the wisdom my late aunt Jo had. She woke up every morning between 4 and 5 am.

And I work to cultivate healthier habits I realize that rising early helps me to accomplish it all and gives me a sense of completion. Also it is sacred to "greet the day". As the day dawns I get a surge of hope. I stop wherever I am in the house and do ONE sun salutation. It is powerful.

Today I hopped on the treddy in the frozen garage (can we say 23 degrees outside) and jogged/walked for 30 minutes. Then did 2 rounds of strength training. Time for me to pack lunch for work and get Kennedy going!

I hope you are all making plans to end this year with a bang!


<3 Jayna'

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin