Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Days 15, 16, 17 and 18: 31 Days til 2013

This week I am back on track with my exercise. I am not over doing it because I am so so so busy this week, but yesterday morning I woke up at 5:40 am to get my upper body circuit done. Today I woke up at the same time but I have application stuff to do so I can't take care of my workout until after work....which you all know I hate to do. Evening workouts are just NOT my thing, but I will keep the momentum going and get it done.

Kennedy is back in town from New Orleans, but terrible weather on the East Coast got her home at like 10 pm so no school today for her again :( Maybe I can sneak my workout in before I go and get her from her dad's this afternoon shhhhhhhh

I have been keeping my diet choices very simple lately. I am only 18 days into this 31 day healthy jump start and I feel better than I have in a long long time. Maybe because I am so focused or something I don't know. But if you are contemplating waiting until the holidays are over to get started on a healthy plan, I beg you to throw that "tomorrow" thinking right out of the window and get on the "NOW TRAIN".  There is always another valid reason or excuse not to get started, but I can assure you that if you just COMMIT your body and stomach will thank you long before January 1st rolls around.
(Kay in her 1st 5K)

I used to suffer from "perfect-itus". Everything had to be perfectly in order before I even attempted to do anything or get anything done. I have learned while growing older that not only does "perfect" not exist...the world doesn't wait for you. Time keeps passing. So with that said, I am so grateful for these 31 days that are leading up to the New Year. I will be so much farther along. Join me.

Typical Daily Set up:
  • Water first thing
  • Green smoothie: Typically spinach, almond milk, banana (2), frozen pineapple, or an apple/pear, flaxseeds, hempseeds, chia seeds blend add walnuts. (it's Winter. I'm cold. Loving the fat from the nuts)
  • Snack: Juice of some sort or a piece of fruit
  • Lunch: (biggest meal of my day right now) COOKED. Today will be lentils, quinoa, steamed broccoli, and a small salad with balsamic vinaigrette
  • Snack: fruit or juice
  • Dinner: Green smoothie like breakfast, but add dried figs 
Exercise Plan for this Week:
  • Monday- Upper body circuit (with cardio thrown in). 35 mins
  • Tuesday- Lower body circuit (with cardio thrown in). 30 mins
  • Wednesday- 1 hour cardio and abs
  • Thursday- Upper body circuit (with cardio thrown in)
  • Friday- Lower body circuit (with cardio thrown in)
  • Saturday- 1 hour cardio plus abs
  • Sunday- Yoga and rest
The last two weeks of this year will be crazy. I have lots of gifts to make. I'll make a separate post about that (the homemade gift giver) and I want to set myself up for success. If I say that I will do hours of exercise per day or juice every morning that is simply setting myself up for failure. My plan for the next two weeks will look JUST LIKE what is presented above. Feel free to join me and email me and let me know how you are doing on your quest to be the BEST YOU EVER.

I am off to check a few emails (so if I haven't responded I will very soon) and get ready for the day.

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin