Tuesday, January 8, 2013

5:30 am Upper Body Showdown and Cardio Circuit

Getting up early is becoming more natural to me even after not doing it for about a month! I set an alarm 5:25, but got up at 5:00 on my own and went back to sleep. My alarm was set on silent so it never went off! I got up on my own at 5:42!!

I got dressed (next time I will have an outfit picked out so that I don't stump my toe in the dark cold closet). And I went downstairs (my new gym) and got right too it.

Reasons I love using my living room instead of my bedroom as my gym:
  • Any pictures I take won't show the web my personal bedroom all the time
  • The lighting is much better! MUCH
  • The tv is bigger and louder
  • More space
It felt a bit weird and I was nervous to wake Kennedy up, but as it turns out, she didn't hear a thing! I did a 33 minute upper body workout and was done. My goal is that for these next few weeks of training to do the best that I can with the time that I have.


5:30 am Upper Body Showdown and Cardio Circuit
I warmed up with 5 minutes of rope and ended with 2 mins of cool down.
Set timer for 30 secs and manually begin it again after each round.
  • shoulder press/jumprope
  • tricep dips/jumprope
  • front lat raises/jumprope
  • bent over lat raises/jumprope
  • tricep kickbacks/star jumps
  • French press/ star jumps
My new job training started today and I was starving after I left although I brought lunch with me. Glad I didn't try to wait until after to workout!

Are you trying to start an early morning rise habit? The best way to do it is just to START. Do it tomorrow! Get up and do housework, school work, exercise...whatever. Just get up.

I can always get my meditation, journaling, exercise and breakfast out of the way before Kay even turns over if I get up at 5 or 5:30. So join me.  If you wanna see a play by play of most of my days...follow me on twitter. Facebook page coming soon! :)

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin