Kennedy wasn't at home last nite so I was able to blast my radio during this morning's leg workout. A reader mentioned that having me detail the workouts motivates her. If you'd also like the weights I use or any other info just let me know!
Cold House Killer Glute and Thighs Workout: Set timer for 30 sec rounds. Complete all as a circuit then repeat for two more rounds for a total of 3 rounds. THEN do Part II and try not to cry.
- Part I
- Reverse lunge left
- Reverse lunge right
- Squat with front kick **love em
- Goblet Squats
- Squat with side kicks *fav
- Single leg deadlift left
- Single leg deadlift right
- KB figure 8
- SB butt blasters
- Part II
- Jump rope first round
- Swings next round
- Rotate until the beep or you die
- Whichever comes first
I do my best thinking when I am cooking, cleaning, or working out.
This morning was no exception. During my killer thigh workout, I got to thinking about all the things people do to derail us from our goals.
I am not talking about giving yourself a "victim mentality" thinking that everyone is out to get you or is standing in the way of your progress. Because let me tell you...
No one will give you permission to live life the way you want to. You have to sign that permission slip!
Along my journey, I have found people who have told me all kinds of things about my fitness and weight loss
- You don't need to lose another pound
- Wow, you seem obsessed with exercise
- Is this healthy????
Here's what you can do now to take the best care of yourself and get in the front seat of your life and health:
- Drink enough water (3-4 L per day)
- Get enough rest. Sleep as well as plain lay around and no nothing rest (read a novel, write a poem, paint)
- Laugh from the bottom of your soul (call that funny friend, watch a movie, read jokes online whatever)
- Lift heavy shit. Your kids, weights, gallons of milk...something
- Get your heart pumping. Dance to the radio, jump rope, run, walk...whatever. Just do it
- Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. The best advice I can give you is that one day/meal of bad eating or missed exercise session doesn't a bad person make. Be gentle with yourself. You got this!
P.S. I promise that I am working on some fun *free* stuff for the site. I am a single mom and a very busy worker, so time gets away from me, but just know I am working behind the scenes!