Monday, January 28, 2013

Don't let ANYONE tell You that You Can't Be Healthy

The only thing worse than getting up when tired at 5:30 am, is getting up to a freezing cold house and snowy/rainy/East Coast ice. lol

Kennedy wasn't at home last nite so I was able to blast my radio during this morning's leg workout. A reader mentioned that having me detail the workouts motivates her. If you'd also like the weights I use or any other info just let me know!

Cold House Killer Glute and Thighs Workout: Set timer for 30 sec rounds. Complete all as a circuit then repeat for two more rounds for a total of 3 rounds. THEN do Part II and try not to cry.
  • Part I
    • Reverse lunge left
    • Reverse lunge right
    • Squat with front kick **love em
    • Goblet Squats
    • Squat with side kicks *fav
    • Single leg deadlift left
    • Single leg deadlift right
    • KB figure 8
    • SB butt blasters
  • Part II
    • Tabatas
      • Jump rope first round
      • Swings next round
      • Rotate until the beep or you die
        • Whichever comes first
        • :)

I do my best thinking when I am cooking, cleaning, or working out.
This morning was no exception. During my killer thigh workout, I got to thinking about all the things people do to derail us from our goals.

I am not talking about giving yourself a "victim mentality" thinking that everyone is out to get you or is standing in the way of your progress. Because let me tell you...

No one will give you permission to live life the way you want to. You have to sign that permission slip!

Along my journey, I have found people who have told me all kinds of things about my fitness and weight loss
  • You don't need to lose another pound
  • Wow, you seem obsessed with exercise
  • Is this healthy????
In the very beginning, I started listening to them because I hadn't had the best relationship with food or my body for about 3-4 years.

Here's what you can do now to take the best care of yourself and get in the front seat of your life and health:
  1. Drink enough water (3-4 L per day)
  2. Get enough rest. Sleep as well as plain lay around and no nothing rest (read a novel, write a poem, paint)
  3. Laugh from the bottom of your soul (call that funny friend, watch a movie, read jokes online whatever)
  4. Lift heavy shit. Your kids, weights, gallons of milk...something
  5. Get your heart pumping. Dance to the radio, jump rope, run, walk...whatever. Just do it
  6. Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. The best advice I can give you is that one day/meal of bad eating or missed exercise session doesn't a bad person make. Be gentle with yourself. You got this!
You are in control of your life. I don't care what has happened in the past. You can always turn it around. Every passing minute is a chance to make a change and turn it all around.

P.S. I promise that I am working on some fun *free* stuff for the site. I am a single mom and a very busy worker, so time gets away from me, but just know I am working behind the scenes!

2 comments:

TJ said...

I needed to read this today. Thank you for such an awesome post! LOVE your blog!

TJ

VeganFitMama said...

TJ- I'm glad you liked it. And so glad you like the blog!!! Don't fret dear...I am sure you on the right track! keep it up!
Hugs,
Jayna'

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin