Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Off Schedule/ On Schedule Upper Body Workout

Let's get right down to it. Yesterday was a busy day all day...not to mention freezing--well, below freezing at one point. I am so grateful to be out of training for right now...seeing as my house and personal life has taken a huge back seat to it! lol

Yesterday I got up at 5 am and went into the icy living room and did a great lower body workout. Sometimes even when I am keeping it hella simple, I still feel good getting it done. Ideally, I like to work out for 45-60 minutes...closer to 45, but sometimes I only have time for 20-23 minutes and instead of waiting for the "perfect time" -because we all know that doesn't exist- I just get up and do what I can.

TOM must be near because I am like starved everyday and bloated and just "ugh", this is all classic PMS. So I am pushing through it. I didn't get enough quality sleep last nite (BFF has boyfriend troubles) AND I am off today, so I slept in and will do my workout at the gym around noon.

Last nite's late pumpkin seed fest while watching Scandal has my stomach feeling weird, but I had a great breakfast this morning.

When All Else Fails Carbs Rock Breakfast:
  • 1/2 c GF rolled organic oats
  • 1 tbsp. almond butter
  • 1/2 c almond milk
  • 1 tbsp. chia seeds
  • Cook then add
    • 1 large banana sliced
  • Yummmmmm
This should be settled in my stomach by the time I go into the gym. I just want to make sure I don't feel like throwing up when I do plyos. I wanna do some assisted pull ups and dips- hence the trip to the gym and to get out of the house for a bit today.



Off Schedule/On Schedule Upper Body Workout:
  • warm up: 5 minutes on elliptical (torture)
  • dumbbell bench pullovers/jumping jacks
  • dumbbell rows/high knees
  • pushups/jumping jacks
  • bent over lat raises/high knees
  • superwomans on bench/bunny hop
  • single arm db row/jumping jacks
Part II
  • assisted pull ups/assisted dips (3 sets)
  • heavy cable row (3 sets)

I'll be working out at home this weekend and blogging what meals I create....

                      
We are 18 days into 2013. Is it everything you thought it'd be? Have you been making real and lasting changes? If not, it is not too late. Just change your mind. There is a difference between "I can't" and "I won't". Make a decision to put yourself back on you to-do list and do what needs to be done to ensure you have a healthy and productive day. YOU ARE WORTH IT.

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin