Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sick Weekends and Getting Back to My Workout Flow

I had to get Kennedy from school early on Friday. She was burning up with fever. Well, 101.2 turned into 105.4 really fast and to the emergency room we went. If you have been a reader for a while you know that she had brain surgery and contracted meningitis. Her immune system has never been the same since quite honestly.

After hours in the ER we came home with a temp of 102....and had a rough few days. Unfortunately the next day I woke up with a fever, headache, chills and sweats. So my Saturday cardio was OUT of the question. I do NOT workout sick...unless it is allergy type stuff.

Sunday I rested as well and on Monday, MLK day I figured if he could walk from Selma, AL for hundreds of miles, I could do a measly workout. So I went into my new home gym/Kennedy's toy room and did a nice short effective lower body workout.

Get it Done Glutes Quickie Workout:
  • Warm up 5 minutes
  • DB squats with a front kick
  • DB RDLs
  • Lunges - forward
  • Reverse lunges with a leg lift
  • Squats with a side kick
  • Glute squeezes
  • Cool down 5 minutes
  • Total 33 minutes
I did some jump rope between the sets, but my nose was running and I didn't want snot all over my tshirt. I kept thinking "this is why I love training at home".

Yesterday I found myself in the gym trying to change things up a bit and I was so pissed. People kept touching my the equipment, being in my way and the damn floor was so filthy when I tried to do mountain climbers. Even with gloves on...yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

TOM started today so instead of my gym sprints, I may kickbox here at home and do some standing abs. Lots to do today. Our illnesses threw me off a bit and I have lots of catching up to do!

Here is yesterday's Upper Body at a Filthy Gym Workout:
  • DB bench pullovers/jumping jacks
  • DB rows/ high knees
  • Lat raises/jumping jacks
  • DB rows (2 weights)/ high knees
  • Skull crushers/ jumping jacks
  • 2 sets of assisted pullups and assisted dips
  • 16 minutes of crazy ass intervals on the treadmill ending at 8.5. Yes 8.5
Time for productivity around here. Millions of things to do. Go get stuff done! I'll check in later with a Raw/Cooked post!

1 comment:

KAREN FELDER said...

Jayna...haven't been here in a while, Glad you are still forging ahead..this year I lost 50lbs, ran marine corps marathon10K & sold my house. trying to pare down my life & my self to SIMPLE.my son turned 6 and things he's 16, but his stubborness will not overcome me!lol!!:-) Hope you make it down to Philly at some point & we can finally meet in person. Talk to ya soon( couldn't find your personal email, so I just posted here) ...Im running everyday, but need to get in wegith training, so Im loving when you explain your workouts,

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin