Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Best Way to Get Started on Raw and 1 Week of Green Smoothies

Good morning cucumbers!

Things have been so busy around here. My workouts have been sparse and I am trying to fit everything in. This new practice is very difficult to get established, but I am trying! I am getting a bit better. Working on getting enough rest and drinking my water. Can't believe for like 2 days I only had a liter of water. WTF? I can't be so busy that I can't drink water.

While driving from client to client, I don't want to have to pee so I try to limit my drinking, but this isn't working for me. So today I have two liters with me and we will see how it goes. LOL

I will be doing my workout tonite (ugh) because Kennedy was off school yesterday and needs extra prep time this morning to get back on track with her school schedule. The wonderful world of Autism :)

Getting Started on Raw....

Enough of that. I've gotten some messages about people feeling overwhelmed about where to start on the raw program. Let me say that just becoming aware of raw food is a great place to start.

I believe that you should start with breakfast.


©      Start with a simple juice (romaine, lemon, apple)

©      Start with a green smoothie (frozen fruit, spinach, banana)


Keep it Simple

©      Don’t feel the need to make complicated juices

©      Don’t feel the need to make complicated green smoothies

©      Don’t feel the need to spend tons of money on superfoods/appliances/etc.

©      What has benefited me most has been the simplest approach to food. When things get too complicated I know that somehow I will get overwhelmed

On Your Raw Journey Consider

©      Are you a mom? A single mom?

©      Do you have lots of money to spend on groceries?

©      Do you have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen cooking?

©      Do you even like doing lots of cooking?

What I Have Learned on My Raw Journey…

©      I don’t want to spend 5 hours a day in the kitchen

©      I don’t have $1200 a month to spend on only my groceries

©      I don’t to spend $400 a month on superfoods.

So What Do I Do Now?

©      EVERY day starts with a green smoothie, or a green juice. Without fail. This is my bullet proof “get health in my cells” plan

©      I pair salads with my meals…big green ones

©      I eat Whole Foods. Plants. Steamed…sautéed…pressure cooked…

©      I drink a ton of water (normally)

©      I eat fruit for snacks

What Does This Look Like?

©      Every day I take apples, oranges, green smoothies with me for snacks.

©      I eat oatmeal after my green smoothie on days when I am really hungry or have a very busy morning or have had a crazy long workout.

©      Days May Look…

o   Water first thing

o   Green juice or Green smoothie (with hempseeds, flaxseeds, chia seeds)

o   Oatmeal with flaxseeds and fruit…made with almond milk (Silk Almond 30cals a cup)

o   Lunch: Depends on if I have to see clients and be out and about…if so….

  • §  Brown rice wrap stuffed with tons of romaine and tomato

  • §  Fruit

o   Snack: Fruit or green smoothie

o   Dinner:

  • §  Salad with whatever veggies I have on hand. Usually cold steamed broccoli, romaine/kale, tomatoes, shredded carrots

  • §  Quinoa bowl with lentils or sautéed veggies and tofu

o   Dessert if I desire would be…

  • §  Blended frozen bananas

  • §  Tea
I will be doing about 7 days of Green smoothies until dinner time. Not sure when I will start. I need enough super ripe bananas and frozen fruit. Maybe I'll start this Friday. Anybody wanna join me?????

1 comment:

Katherine - Real Food Runner said...

Great post! i <3 green smoothies and have had 1 almost everyday for the past 1.5 years. :)

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin