Saturday, February 9, 2013

How to Fit in My Workouts- UpperBody at Home and LowerBody Gym Workout

                               
Busy can't be used to describe how busy I have been this week. Seriously insane. I don't want to keep this pace up. But I have mentioned that I have a new job as a therapist and I am all over and insurance paperwork is cray cray.


How I fit my workouts in is important to me. Only one day did I miss a morning workout...after a 12 hour day the day before there was just no way I could get out of the bed without feeling like I was so tired my eyelashes hurt.

It is important to note that sometimes I do what I call "mini-workouts". These are anywhere from 10 minutes to 20 minutes. For most that isn't enough time to be considered a true workout....for me....consistency NOT perfection is my goal. If I can look back over the week (busy or not) and see that I have made time for my fitness that is vitally important for me.


As a single mom of a special needs kiddo, a therapist, a trainer, and someone living 1500 miles from family...it is vital that I understand that if I wait for life to "slow down" in order to fit my fitness in...I'll be waiting forever.

Including today, I worked out 5 times this week (not Friday) and 3 of those 5 were under 25-30 minutes. Yet another benefit of working out in my home gym.  

Simple Upper Body at Home GO HEAVY Workout:
  • Warm up
  • Do this workout in a circuit (each exercise back to back with little rest). Rest for 30 seconds between circuits and complete a total of 3 circuits)
    • shoulder press
    • 1 arm row
    • front raise/side raise
    • chest press
    • skull crushers (for triceps) using ONE dumbbell
Simple Lower Body at Gym GO HEAVY Workout:
  • Front squat with kick
  • Rear lunges
  • Plie squats (40#, 45#, 50#)
  • Deadlift (bars only go to 60#)
  • Machines (rarely use these)
    • Leg press (single and double leg)
    • Lying hamstring curl (damn this hurt)
  • Then I ran 15 Minutes of crazy intervals
  • On and off the gym floor in one hour

Tomorrow is Sunday and I will be doing yoga in my room and getting tons of paperwork done. Kennedy may not be home so I may go to the gym and ride the rbike while reading a novel...hmmmm.

Off to make a menu for the rest of the week and get myself organized. Clothes are hung to dry, hair is washed...ahhhhh

No comments:

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin