Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Getting Back on track to Taking Good Care of Myself

There aren't enough words that I could write to explain how stressful my job has been lately and the toll my self-care practices have taken.

I can say that I am on the cusp of one of the most major important decisions EVER and that coupled with this insanely intense job has left me devoid of my normally peppy, emotionally happy self. I was struggling to get my feet beneath me.

Here are my typical daily self-care practices:
  • Waking up early (between 5 and 6 am). This gives me about an hour before Kennedy is up to exercise, do yoga, journal and meditate. Without this hour...my days have seemed totally lost and long

  • Have a green juice/smoothie first thing. Lately I've been rushing around (no fun) and having any old thing for breakfast...

  • Skin Brushing twice a day- I've been just hopping in and out of the shower or bath. Who has ONE extra minute to skin brush????

  • Blogging- I'm sorry. Thanks to a comment by "Anonymous" I was inspired to write again realizing that somewhere...someone is possibly motivated by my shenanigans.

I'm trying to make sense of all that I have going on right now. It is scary. And as I make this next decision (can't wait until it's settled and I care share it with you!), I am terrified. Truly. But I have to find a way (limited time and all) to get back to the things that help me to feel better and more sane.

TODAY RIGHT NOW...as I finish this post I will hop down on my mat and do a few minutes of yoga. Drink a tall glass of water, meditate and write in my journal. Guess I'm back on track now....

TOMORROW MORNING... 5 minutes of fitness and a green smoothie for breakfast.

Quick food stuff. Someone asked me for my "stressed" food plan. It's embarrassing, but hey I'm being honest. The past few weeks have looked like:
  • Random green smoothies throughout the day
  • Lots of hot gluten free oatmeal with cinnamon and apples with almond milk
  • GF pasta with veggies
  • Organic chips (yes chips) as I type away after midnite for work
  • Random vegan snacks...as I type away after midnite for work
  • I have about 2-3 cups of fairtrade coffee per week. I used to be a total coffee addict. Then didn't drink it for like 8 years and every now and then a steamy mug of French press invade my dreams and I oblige.
  • So with the exception of the chips, snacks, and dry GF cereal, my diet is always the same: green smoothies/green juices/random (need more) salads, veggies, quinoa/rice with veggies.
  • Gained about 6 pounds in the last month. With about zero exercise and LOTS of snacking...in the car between clients, as I type away after midnite (you get the point!)
Any tips that can help me stop being overwhelmed and get back  on track???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please continue blogging ! I am listening ! :)

Eurydice said...

I am not anonymous but Eurydice at www.eurydice.biz

Blogger said...

New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Idea to Help Dieters Get Rid Of 15 Pounds within Only 21 Days!

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin