I can say that I am on the cusp of one of the most major important decisions EVER and that coupled with this insanely intense job has left me devoid of my normally peppy, emotionally happy self. I was struggling to get my feet beneath me.
Here are my typical daily self-care practices:
- Waking up early (between 5 and 6 am). This gives me about an hour before Kennedy is up to exercise, do yoga, journal and meditate. Without this hour...my days have seemed totally lost and long
- Have a green juice/smoothie first thing. Lately I've been rushing around (no fun) and having any old thing for breakfast...
- Skin Brushing twice a day- I've been just hopping in and out of the shower or bath. Who has ONE extra minute to skin brush????
- Blogging- I'm sorry. Thanks to a comment by "Anonymous" I was inspired to write again realizing that somewhere...someone is possibly motivated by my shenanigans.
I'm trying to make sense of all that I have going on right now. It is scary. And as I make this next decision (can't wait until it's settled and I care share it with you!), I am terrified. Truly. But I have to find a way (limited time and all) to get back to the things that help me to feel better and more sane.
TODAY RIGHT NOW...as I finish this post I will hop down on my mat and do a few minutes of yoga. Drink a tall glass of water, meditate and write in my journal. Guess I'm back on track now....
TOMORROW MORNING... 5 minutes of fitness and a green smoothie for breakfast.
Quick food stuff. Someone asked me for my "stressed" food plan. It's embarrassing, but hey I'm being honest. The past few weeks have looked like:
- Random green smoothies throughout the day
- Lots of hot gluten free oatmeal with cinnamon and apples with almond milk
- GF pasta with veggies
- Organic chips (yes chips) as I type away after midnite for work
- Random vegan snacks...as I type away after midnite for work
- I have about 2-3 cups of fairtrade coffee per week. I used to be a total coffee addict. Then didn't drink it for like 8 years and every now and then a steamy mug of French press invade my dreams and I oblige.
- So with the exception of the chips, snacks, and dry GF cereal, my diet is always the same: green smoothies/green juices/random (need more) salads, veggies, quinoa/rice with veggies.
- Gained about 6 pounds in the last month. With about zero exercise and LOTS of snacking...in the car between clients, as I type away after midnite (you get the point!)