Day 5 went off without a hitch. Only trouble is my NOT making enough time for exercise. Normally, I wake up without an alarm clock. I have to make breakfast for both me and Kennedy, lunch for us both, go over her schedule (Autism prep time :) and get both of our bags ready. THAT is a lot--trust me. We only have about an hour and fifteen minutes between wake time and leave out of the door time. Phew. Oh and I take the dog out and feed her.
I loathe late nite workouts, but until I can get my stress levels down and my sleep UP, they are what I have to do. Tonight my stomach was out of whack. I think it's from not drinking enough water...some bloating too... so I just opted for a walk. 45 minutes. Slow and steady, but I DID IT. No excuses.
- Green smoothie daily--- check. (5 bananas, 10 dates, almond milk, cinnamon) and then I had a kale smoothie later.
- Yoga daily---- check. 5 minutes on my mat
- Exercise daily----- check. 45 slow walk
Onto WHY I ALWAYS GO BACK TO A HIGH FRUIT DIET
I have mentioned before that for ME a high fruit diet feels the best in my body. It just does. When I was my leanest and most fit, I ate about 2800-3000 calories a day...mostly fruit. It sounds crazy, but it is so true.
Whenever I am getting back into my swing of things, I want to "feel" good and so fruit becomes first on my list. I know the many questions about fruit (the sugar, weight gain, etc), but I firmly believe that our bodies are meant to run on the sugar from fruit.
Truthfully, whenever I leave lots of cooked food and vegan junk food and I switch back over to fruit...the first two weeks are rough. Rough in the sense that I gain a few pounds (bloated really).
Reasons Why I Love Eating Fruit:
- It tastes amazing...let's be serious :)
- My digestion is as smooth as a baby's ass
- Easy to get full and feel satisfied
- Super quick to make, crazy easy clean up too
- I feel healthier and more authentic with my beliefs about food as fuel
- I don't have to restrict calories
- When I eat cooked food, I need to restrict my calories in order to lose weight
- When I eat raw and lots of cooked food, my stomach hurts- my digestion is bothered
- Cooked low fat is BETTER than raw HIGH fat--- any day
- Cooking food takes lots of time and prep- especially when I'm making two separate dishes for me and Kay
- I enjoy plant based low fat cooked food...
Here is the protocol I like to follow:
- Breakfast: fruit. Smoothies mainly...duh :) 5-7 bananas, about 10 dates, water/or almond milk, cinnamon, spinach and tons of it. Been adding a cup of frozen blueberries for something kinda cold
- Lunch: Either same or 8-12 oranges with other fresh fruit. Lately blueberries, strawberries and apple slices. Maybe a handful of organic raisins
- Dinner: Huge salad. 2 heads romaine, 1 c cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, lemon juice, dulse flakes, sauerkraut sometimes, fermented pickles, nutritional yeast, hempseeds, pumpkin seeds maybe.
- Dessert- frozen bananas blended into ice cream with dates chopped in or some other concoctions
- Smoothies: oranges, strawberries, dates...blend
- Salad dressing: just blended oranges over my normal salad ingredient base of romaine/cherry tomatoes. Not sure about this one, but will try it
- Wanna make a zucchini pasta soon
- Apple/date pie
Will I ever eat cooked food again? I'm sure I will...but for 30 days it's all a fruity/veggie/low fat dream :)
DO you love fruit?