Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Days 7-12: The Raw vs Cooked Dilemma

Okay. I started thinking about cooked food for the past two days. I haven't had any, but I think it's because work has been overwhelming and my natural recourse is to grab salty, or fluffy snacks.

Of course what happens is my mind starts to trick me by saying things like, "A little cooked at dinner won't hurt you. You don't need to be so serious with all of this. There are plenty of really healthy people who eat cooked food" etc.

Truth is, I know this already, but these 30 days are as much for spiritual clarity as they are physical clarity. If I allow myself to fall right back into old patterns then nothing has changed.


I have been eating large meals. Mainly:
Breakfast: 5-8 bananas blended with almond milk, spinach, and about 5 dates

Lunch: similar or 10 oranges

Dinner: same as breakfast or a HUGE salad with 1/2 or 1 small avocado, lemon juice, tomatoes, few hempseeds.

What I am learning is that yes I do miss raw food. I fell into my 60% cooked diet as a result of this crazy harsh cold East Coast winter. I sincerely do miss raw food. In particular greens and how vibrant and alive they make me feel. I have a bday coming up in 2 1/2 months and I want to feel amazing.

And I will.......

So... I need to work on
  • getting enough water. because I drive around so much, I find myself drinking less so that I don't have to pee all day
  • rest. doing better with that these past few days
  • stress. doing better with that--journal, journal, journal
  • not eating late.
Okay I'm off for a long day at work! And Kennedy starts state testing today....nervousssssssssssssssssss
 

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Please keep posting new blogs. I love reading your updates. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and not currently 100% raw but definitely looking to get back into it.

Share!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin